Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Amy Pov

A woke up sitting up in my bed, beads of sweat covering my face, chest and and legs. It was a dream. It was all just a dream.
I swing my legs over the edge of the bed putting my head into my hands panting, trying to catch my breath. I need some fresh air. I put on my silk robe and walked to the veranda.

It wasn't long until I heard footsteps approach turning in all the lights in the process lighting up the apartment. Filling the apartment with an Illuminate glow.

"Whats bothering you?" Tanya asked in a motherly tone. Her voice calming me almost instantly. It was nice to finally hear concern from someone who hasn't abandoned you or betrayed you.

"Nothing" I replied. I hoped I didn't startle her. I didn't want her concerning over me. Even though I'm her cousin she is still very over-protective of Layla and I.

She was always there when I needed her most. Like this moment for example. She always seems to know when I'm feeling woe.

"Amy, I know you too well. I know when something is troubling you. Please be honest with me. You know you can trust me..." she pries.
Tanya has always been so gentle no matter who it is. She is one very kind hearted people on this planet, its sad to know that society is changing and their aren't many people like her anymore.

"It was a dream"

"And?" she pressed. As I wasn't being fully honest. Not even with myself.

"Like the ones I used to have about farther and your husband just before they died." I replied.

Those dreams still haunt me like looking into the sun. Even though close your eyes, and you can still see it.

"What happened Amy?" she started to comfort me, rubbing circles on my back as tears started to fall down my face.

"It was about you. About Layla, and my friends. Especially Brooklyn." I sobbed.
I feel my chest start to tighten and my breathes were shallow and quick. My eyes blurred from tears and my face heating up from the stress.

I was absolutely traumatized at this point.

"Its okay Amy. Please tell me. It would make you feel all better once you get it off your chest." Tanya soothed my in a calming motherly tone rubbing small circles on my back and wiping away my tears. I felt safe. I felt...loved.

"It was only a dream.." I shook my head and my arms walking away from her embrace to the edge of the veranda where I sat in a deck chair looking over the city and the beach of the gold coast.

The cool air blowing against my face drying any tears that never made the end of Tanya's finger tips as she softly brushed them away.

Tanya made her way towards me and sat beside me. Looking at me with a face full of concern. I finally gained some courage and looked into her eyes.

"It was a car crash. You were in the car along with Brooklyn, Rose and Layla. I slipped on some ice on the road and we crashed, the car tumbling down a cliff and into into lake, it was awful."

"Seeing the one I loved most die right before my eyes and it being my fault, is the most painful thing I have ever dreamed off." I sobbed as she started to draw circles on my back again.

"And what about your sister Layla?"
In my dream it all happened so fast. Layla's scream's echoed through my head like a ricochet of a bullet. The windscreen smashing as it hit the ground, hard. I answer Tanya with three incredibly hard words.

"I don't know...."