Chapter 1 - Cordelia

Cordelia tried to make herself smaller whilst hiding behind her textbook in the hopes that Miss March - the History teacher - doesn't call her name.

"Let's have Miss Welss read our next passage shall we?"

Cordelia groans as she stands up. It never works. No matter how hard she tries she will always get called by the teacher. She stood up and picks up her book. She took a few deep breaths and as she started to read, the bell suddenly rang signaling the end of the day.

She breathe a sigh of relief. She packs up her things and start to walk out. As she does so, she heard Miss March said, "Saved by the bell again Miss Welss."

Cordelia turned to her and smiled, "I guess we have to postpone me embarrassing myself some other day." Miss March sighs and smiles, "Are you going straight home?"

"No I got some groceries to buy. We're out of milk."

"Can you also get some bread as well. Whole wheat."

"Will do Avina." She checks that all the students are out before giving Miss March a hug. "The perks of having my cousin as my student. " Avina said as she hugs Cordelia back "And it's Miss March when we're at school. Don't take too long. I'll be home by eight."

Cordelia gives her a thumbs up and walk over to her locker. She took out her some books and her lucky locket. The locket had a golden Capricorn design. It could be opened up but the hinges must be broken because Crodelia couldn't open them since her grandmother gve it to her without breaking the locket. Henderson High doesn't allow jewelry of any kind on school grounds. She knows she should leave it at home but she just won't feel good unless she has it close OR close enough. She's willing to risk theft as long as she knows it's there. At least until it's stolen which LUCKILY has never happened.

"Crepe." She heard a nasally voice sound up beside her and closes her locker to find herself face to face with her best friend Andrew Stevens. "I'm sorry?"

"There's a new crepe store that opened up near the supermarket. As a renowned..."

"Self-renowned."

"RENOWNED!! Crepe connoisseur I am obliged to test it out. And you squire shall assist me." Andrew said as he brandished his long ruler like a sword pointing it at Cordelia. Cordelia laughs and said, "Not today. I got some errands to do." She slings her back over her shoulder and start walking out the school. Andrew jogs towards her as he placed a purple beanie over his dyed blue hair. Chetters of student can be heard as they reach the front doors of the school. The sound of buses and cars resounding over the environment.

"Lia come one. It's next to the supermarket. You can still go shopping after we get crepes." Andrew said as he stumbles a bit and caught himself just in time. They walk over in the direction of the supermarket. Havensford is a small town and most places are in walking distance. The people with cars are usually just those that either want to show off or having a mid life crisis.

"Oh dear must be hard walking everywhere." Cordelia sighs as a red Maserati crawled besides her. Katie Vander took of her sunglasses as she smirk at them, he log blond hair whistling in the wind. Cordelia sometimes wished she had hair like Katie instead of the curly brown mess she was unfortunate enough to be born with "If only you had some friends that would be able to offer you a ride but alas you two weirdoes are simply unlikeable."

"Katie you grow up here too you know. Stop acting like some big shot."

"Not acting. I am a big shot. Daddy's business has grown exponentially. One day I'll move out and make my name out there. Maybe travel to Europe and marry a European man and be absolutely swimming in money."