Chapter 6 - Move on

Katie's room was what you would expect from a child of an upper class family. From the spring bed that seem to hover a few inches off the floor to the walls that furniture that seems as though they would Cordelia all her life to pay for them if she so much as scratches on them. However Katie assures them that the cost is all just pocket change. Of course her definition of pocket change is quite different.

The posh room was surprisingly today decorated with balloons and frills on the walls. There was a cake on one of the tables, it's white icing glistening as from the lights illuminating the room. There were drinks and Andrew added all the junk food that they bought onto the table.

"Are you sure it's okay to have a party in your room?" Cordelia asks Katie. They could really make a mess if they are not careful and a party that is overly careful of mess is usually not a fun one.

"It's less about preference and more on the fact that we have no choice. Daddy's friends are coming over for a dinner party and we're not allowed to clutter the dining room or hinder the workforce. If you're worried about mess.." Katie pat a box of plastic gloves with a smirk on her face.

"We could've just done it at my house." Andrew said. He was keeping his distance from them, his beanie covering his eyes.

"I know that but we never celebrate anything here. I thought just once we could spend it here. This time without any inter..." suddenly there was a few light raps on the door of the room.

Katie closes her eyes for a bit and lets out a long sigh. She then composes herself and said, "Come in."

The door opens and one of the maids enters and said, "Young miss your father wishes that you grace his guests with your presence."

Katie looks at her and said, "I am with guests of my own."

"He is aware."

Katie looks over apologetically at them and said, "I'll be right back." She then stops in her tracks and asks the maid, "Will what I'm wearing suffice?"

The maid look at Katie who was wearing a simple white one piece dress that reach down just above her knees. The neck line dipped low just above her cleavage. Cordelia nudges Katie and whispered, "Just throw on a small jacket or something. You already look good but I think we need to add a bit of modesty."

Katie nodded and opened up her closet. She picked out a brown fur coat and added a scarf around her neck. She walked out the room and the maid bows to them and closes the door behind her. As the door closes, Andrew raises his beanie and said, "I told you."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hours went by before Katie came back up in a huff. She was holding a cup and places it on the table. She took of the coat and scarf and threw them on her bed. She then plops herself on the floor and starts breathing rapidly as she closes her eyes and turn her head up to look at the ceiling. Cordelia and Andrew look at each other. Cordelia walk over to Katie and said, "Are you okay sweetie?

Katie looks over at her and said, "It was so annoying. My parents keep trying to get me 'acquainted' to their friends kids and my god they are the most annoying people in the world."

"How so?"

"These people only go to private schools and their thoughts are so dull. I had to stay with a girl for thirty minutes while she explains how eating a plain scone will cause her to gain weight and how atrocious it is."