Chapter 2 - Hidden

Andrew and Katie came to visit her the next morning. Andrew came in first, his beanie slightly covering his eyes, his blue hair seems to have been swept back so it curls behind his head. She was wearing a casual t-shirt with tight blue jeans. He was also carrying a bulging backpack.

He walked in carrying a basket that full of muffins and place it on her bedside table. "Breakfast?"

"Muffins for breakfast? Posh much?"

"Not my idea."

Just as he said that Katie walks in glamorously. She was wearing a red blouse and a short white skirt. Cordelia look down and sure enough she was wearing a pair of stilettos. Katie tuck her hair behind her ear and look around the room, "Uggh I wouldn't be caught dead in a room like this. So bland."

"Truthfully, you would probably be in that state if you are in this room anyway."

Katie smiled and gave Cordelia a small hug. She then look at Cordelia with concern, "How are you? Are you okay? Do you need any help with the bed?"

Cordelia smiled and said, 'I'm fine. It still freaks me out when you went from being snotty to being extremely kind."

"I can't help it. My friends require kindness but society requests for glamour."

"Actually your parents request for glamour, more accurately ordered for it." Andrew said and he pulled his beanie lower when Katie glared at him. Cordelia saw for a split second that glare turned to sadness before Katie raised her nose to the air and look back at Cordelia, "Even so I have an image I need to maintain."

She then walked over to the basket of muffins and pulled out a chocolate one. She placed it on a plate that the nurses had prepared earlier today and handed it over to Cordelia before pulling it back slightly. "Can you feed yourself or do you need my help?"

Cordelia smiled and said, "I can do it but it would be faster if you help me."

Katie opened the muffin wrapper and used a spoon to cut pieces of the muffin which she fed to Cordelia. "Where did you buy these?" Cordelia asks her.

"Dasher's Bakery. I told them I wanted to but some for you and the owner gave me a whole basket. She also ask me to tell you to get well soon."

"Miss Jacky's muffins are the best. Did you know that she learned how to bake since she was in kindergarten?"

"Yes Lia. We all know because she always tells us the story when we stop by. It's even on their webpage." Andrew said as he slowly walked over to the muffins basket and started to pick on up before Katie slapped his hand, "These are for Lia."

"Let's be real there is no way she is going to eat a whole basket of muffins."

"I might. If I keep getting fed I will probably eat everything. Maybe one of the nurses will fed me tonight. I am just so fragile and alone." Cordelia said as she put the back of her hand to her forehead and swoon. All three of them laughed so loud that that one of the nurses had to come and tell them to be quite. Even then they continued to snicker quietly.

"By the way I'll be here to keep an eye on you tonight." Andrew said, while eating a muffin that he had triumphantly acquired. Katie just looked at him smiling softly before shaking her head and said, "It was by process of elimination. I have a dinner party tonight and Avina needs the rest due to her fever."

Seeing Cordelia's worried face she added, "It's not serious. It is undeniable that she is tired. When you woke up she must've been so relieved that all her fatigued just overwhelmed her."