Prologue

*Third Person*

"Cmon Ti. Wake up, please. For me at least." The women who was holding Thallo's hands whispered to her. The poor seven year old had been in a terrible car crash and was now in critical condition. Her mother had unfortunately not made it and had been killed straight away.

"I'll sing you your favourite song." She whispered to her grandchild. She sighed softly.

"Are you, are you coming to the tree. They strung up a man they say who murdered three. Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you coming to the tree. Where dead man called out for his love to flee. Strange things did happen here. No stranger would it be. If we met at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you coming to the tree. Where I told you to run. So we'd both be free. Strange things did happen here. No stranger would it be. If we met at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you coming to the tree. Where one necklace of hope, side by side with me? Strange things did happen here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight in the hanging.

Are you, are you coming to the tree. Where they strung up a man. They say he murdered three. Stranger things did happen here, no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight in the hanging tree.

Are you, are you coming to the tree. Where the dead man called out his love to flee. Strange things did happen here no stranger would it be. If we met at midnight in the hanging tree."

Once the song finished the women sat in silence, thick tears poured down her cheeks. She wasn't ready to loose her grandchild as well. She couldn't. She wouldn't.

~~~~
*Three months later*

The doctors and nurses where checking over Thallo. It had been three months and the eight year old girl had not woken up. Her birthday had passed, and Christmas was in two months. Her poor Ma was worried for her.

The lady refused to give up on her grand daughter. She knew her granddaughter had the witch gene, her body was supposed to heal quickly. But after all she hadn't harnessed the power to be a witch. At least not yet.

The lady sat in the chair next to Thallo holding her hands while the doctor did a check up on her. Once they where done they all walked out the room apart from one.

"If she stays like this any longer, if she wakes up there is a possibility she will forget everything or think as a different age." The lady stuttered.

"What do you mean? What's going to happen to my Ti?" She asked.

"If she wakes up there's a possibility she won't remember your or act a different age. Instead of acting like a eight year old she will act five or six years old." The women feel tears gather in her eyes and the doctor quickly noticed. "But of course this won't stop her waking up." He tried to reassure her.

"Okay, well thank you." The women spoke.

"No problem."

~~~
*Two months later*

It was a week until Christmas, the doctors and nurses held no hope that the eight year old girl would woke up. But the old lady did. She held hope that her Ti would wake up, and be as normal as she could be. And she was correct. She did wake up.

The old lady sat there holding her granddaughter's hand. The little girl had no visits apart from her best friend Juniper and her parents but they only visited the first month and stopped visiting after that. The lady sat there looking after her Ti for as long as possible.

Thallo laid there not moving, not talking just breathing in and out slowly. The old lady studied her body watching to see if it moved.

Not her head. Or eyebrows. Or eyes. Or neck. Or hands. She moved her fingers slightly. But not her legs. Or toes.

Wait! The lady looked back to her grand daughters fingers. They where moving! Slowly, but they where moving. Then her hands and her toes and then here feet. Her arms and legs. And slowly but surely her eyes opened.

A look of confusion spread across the girls face. The lady was so happy but when saw how she looked she feared for the worst.

"Ma? What am I doing here?" The lady sighed.

"Oh thank the heavens your alright. Your mother got into a car crash." She told the girl being brutally honest with her. "She died on impact. You have been in a coma ever since." Now it was the girls face to turn to worried.

"How long have I been in here?" She asked.

"You've been in here five months Ti." Thallo did the math. The month was December. The car crash was in August. Her birthday was in October meaning she was now eight. She had lost what felt like years of her life. "But that doesn't matter your safe now!" Her Ma said. She was right, Thallo was safe. But not safe from the family secret.

~~~
So that was the first chapter tell me what you thought of it. See ya later.

Iris xx