22: The Relationship

Percy POV

The next two weeks were very good. Sure, things could be better. Tyson could not have cancer, and my father could not be pressuring me with Dare industries. However, speaking holistically, the last few weeks were completely satisfactory. 

Annabeth and I were great. 

We kept our relationship on the down low at work. When we are outside of work, our affair blossomed. I loved every moment with her even the ones where she was yelling at me. 

I couldn't wait to spend time with her after work. Annabeth was strict about keeping a professional relationship at work. However, that's easier than done when she looks gorgeous all the time. What can I say, I like that she's a powerful woman. 

I walked into the office and dropped off a few documents. 

Annabeth swiftly took the files and went to reading them. I stared at her. She was wearing a red dress that hugged her perfect curves. Her hair was in falling in princess waves. Her eyes sparkled while darting between files. 

She looked quite sexy, and I missed her all day. 

"Stop looking at me like that," Annabeth commanded. She didn't even look up as she continued to sign the documents. 

"How am I looking at you, Ms. Chase?"

Annabeth looked up for the first time. Her pen twirled in her fingers while her calculating gaze fell upon my face. 

"You're looking at me like you've seen me naked," she commented.

"That's because I have," I smirked. "And, I might be picturing you right now." 

Annabeth smiled while crossing her hands. The documents on her desk were no longer of interest as we gazed into each other's eyes. "You think that you're being clever, Mr. Jackson. This is a fantasy for you, isn't it?" 

"I have always found you hot, Ms. Chase," I flirted back. 

"I wish I could say the same," she shot back. "Furthermore, I like to keep a professional setting at work. I could contact human resources for what you just said." 

I sighed in defeat. Annabeth doesn't let our relationship come into the office. As soon as we enter the company, we become different people. I understand the need for our discretion, but I sometimes hate it. 

"Anyway, Mr. Jackson, are you ready for Migration tomorrow?" 

"I have no idea why it's such a big deal. It's just a straight line of meetings between you and the different departments of the company. I'll just be helping you throughout the day."

"You're no understanding, Percy," Annabeth paused. "Tomorrow is the one day that you become everyone's secretary; not just mine." 

I didn't know what that meant, but I guess I'll find out tomorrow. 

"Well, Ms. Chase, it's nearing 6 pm. I think that the workday is over." 

Annabeth organized her desk before following me out of the office. Since tomorrow is Migration, most of the employees left early today. Each department has to be prepared to be addressed by the boss. As such, they all went home to rest and prepare. 

We walked into the elevator together. 

"You're gonna have a rough day tomorrow," Annabeth commented. "Most of my assistants quit after Migration." 

"You're kidding, right?" 

"I'd never lie to you, Percy," she paused. The horrible elevator music suffocated the stinging distance between us. "Gods, I hate the music. Remind me to do something about it."