32: The Business

Percy POV

I whistled a tune while baking some cookies. My mom used to have a secret recipe for making blue chocolate chip cookies. She taught me how to make them when I was a child. 

When I was younger, Gabe used to beat me all the time. He would also criticize everything that my mom used to do. My favorite color in the whole world is blue. One day, I picked out all the blue jellybeans from a candy box, and only ate those. Gabe called me and my mom stupid for doing that. Ever since then, we made it a personal goal to always try to create blue food. 

That's how blue food became a family tradition. 

I'm in a very good mood today. The hard drive with Titan's illegal secrets was safely stashed in my back pocket. 

Furthermore, Annabeth spent the night here. She had dinner with the family, and we hung out all night. I was so happy that we were back together again. 

Poseidon and Athena noticed thanks to Octavian's spy skills. I avoided meeting with either of them for the past few days. I wanted to find the right time to use my leverage. 

Just as I put the fresh cookies into the oven, my phone rang loudly. 

"Hey, Wise Girl. We just saw each other a few hours ago. Did you miss me already?" I smirked. "I know you can't be apart from me, but this is a little much, isn't it?"

Annabeth chuckled from the other end. "No offense, Seaweed Brain, but clinginess is your quality. Not mine." 

"Ouch, Wise Girl. That hurt my heart," I faked sadness. 

"I doubt that," Annabeth paused. "If your heart was hurt, then I'd be hurt. Since I'm not hurt, I know that you're 100% still your annoying self."

I chuckled while my mind started racing. I had to repeat her words in my head again. It was very romantic if I say so myself. I pushed the timer on the oven before walking toward the living room. Tyson and Estelle were watching a Disney movie. Guess which one?

"Anyway, you have to come to the company," Annabeth instructed. "My mother isn't taking no for an answer. Also, Poseidon and Dare industries will be here."

I sighed. "It's about us, right?"

"What else would it be about?" Annabeth asked. "Their only business these days is to make our lives worse." 

"All right. I'll be there within the hour. I love you," I whispered. 

"I know, Seaweed Brain. I'll see you soon. Also, don't forget to bring the hard drive. I believe today's the day to use it."

I smiled before hanging up the phone. I went to my room and changed into more professional clothing. One positive thing about quitting my job at Olympus Architecture is that I don't need to dress up all the time. 

I'm an author. One perk of being an author is a casual workday. I write when I feel like it, and I usually write something every day. 

I'm making good progress on my new book, The Monsters in Me

I told Hestia that I have a meeting. She told me not to be too long. It was summertime, and I promised Tyson and Estelle that I'd take them out for ice cream. I'm not going to break that promise because I want ice cream too. Priorities. 

The drive to Olympus Architecture was peaceful. I let my mind wander. 

My statement from the Muses got published two days ago. The statement made headlines in the literary community. Plus, it became a centerpiece in the New York Times and the Muses' websites.