Chapter Two

Date #1

S A K U R A' s PoV

Three tries.

Three tries, and if he doesn't like anyone of them, I have to say goodbye to my beloved scholarship. Sigh. This is so frustrating. He knows I'm still crazily in love with him, but still, he chose me as his matchmaker. Oh, what luck. And just when I thought my heart could rest in peace, here he goes again, breaking it into half. If anybody out there feels that same way I feel, then stay strong. Because for me? I don't know. Maybe I can't.

The moment he stepped into my apartment again after five months, I thought that, well.. Maybe a small portion of my wounded heart hoped that he'll beg and say sorry. Telling me sincerely that he loves me and wants me back. But all those stupid, idiotic hopes were torn again when he told me what his true reason was.

And mind you people, he still didn't apologized for what he did. For what he did, five long and empty months ago..

Riiiinnngg.... Riiinnnngg....

Sasuke still wasn't answering his phone. I dialed his number for the twentieth time already. Where could he be? Today is third year anniversary. We talked on the phone just last night and agreed to meet up here at the coffee shop near the park.. I glanced at my wristwatch. Yeah. Okay.

I have been sitting here like an idiot, waiting for Sasuke for two hours now. Could it be that he forgot about me? Ugh. I don't know anymore. But then again, maybe he has his reasons.

"That's it!"

I stood up and ran towards the park. Maybe, the reason why he let me wait there in the coffee shop is because he wants me to get worried and look for him at the park! And then there, he'll reveal a big surprise for me. Kyaaaa! I'm so excited! Sasuke-kun really has his ways to get into my heart deeper. I really love him.

But, when I got there to the park...

"S-Sasuke-kun?"

I saw him and Karin there, sitting on a bench near the fountain. Kissing. The spot where he told me that he loved me. The spot where he confessed his love to me. But then again, he is a guy. And the moment I saw him with that redhead, who I knew then was the school's head cheerleader, my tears fell down like a waterfall as I made my way towards them.

When I confronted him, he told me with a blank expression the it was over between the two of us. I slapped him and asked why. But his answer, still lingers in my head until this very day..

Because you are no fun anymore. Boring as hell. Not to mention that you are so clingy all the time that I feel like I have a chain on my neck, choking me! You are so in love with me, that you now became so easy to get! You are not the challenge I longed for years ago. I'm tired of you.

And there you have it folks. The only time I heard him speak that much. And it still hurts that our relationshiop ended that way. But even so, after a week I found myself running after him, yelling out of his mansion and giving bouquets of roses to him with a sorry note at the side. I knew by then that I was desprate, but I didn't knew what I was doing. I love him so much that I can even swallow a spider for his sake. Stupid as you may quote me to be but that's what happens to you when you fall in love with that one person you vowed to yourself you'll grow old with.

Now back to the present..

[Hello? Sakura?]

"Yeah TenTen, its me.. Look, can I, um.. Ask you something?"

[Yeah. Anything. Sure, go ahead]

***

"Sakura, you are insane."

TenTen spat at me for the hundredth time this evening. I lowered my head and answered, "I know, I know. Look, just make a first impression, okay? You know how much my scholarship means to me.." I gave her my infamous puppy-dog eyes with matching shivering of lips. I saw her rolled her eyes and exhaled. "Okay, fine. Just, be there on guard okay?" TenTen asked while fixing her red cocktail dress. Yeah, she can be boyish sometimes, but who knows? Sasuke might fall in love with her.

TenTen, is single if you may ask. She told me and the other girls once that she had a childhood friend before, Neji was his name if I'm not mistaken? Anyway, she had a crush on him before but because he had to go to the States, TenTen haven't seen him for like, a decade now. And that's okay right?

Ugh.

More to that, TenTen looks absolutely beautiful after I forced her to wear and dress like a lady.

If there's one of the three things Sasuke likes in a girl, is that she can be fierce. That's why I called TenTen.

After a few more minutes, I pushed her lightly towards the entrance of the restaurant where her and Sasuke said would meet. Moments later, I saw her walking to where the raven was, near the window. I smiled. It was a good thing that we are on a semestral break. Anyway, TenTen sat across of Sasuke and acted all lady-like.

To tell you the truth, she heard stories from me about him. She and the girls know that he is my ex.

But, shrugging off that matter, I entered the sushi restaurant and sat myself on a table close to them. I was in disguise, so that they wouldn't notice me spying on them to ensure my scholarship.

Nonsense. I know.

As they ate, I heard bits of their conversation.

"So, TenTen-chan, how old are you exactly?" -Sasuke

"Um...wait.. 18 years, 3 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, 26 minutes and...." She looked at her wristwatch, "..10 seco--damn. Make that 11 seconds old."

I blinked. She can be something, alright.

I was really expecting Sasuke to laugh after that, but instead he just nodded. "Ah." And continued eating. I face-palmed. Why is this guy so difficult? I agree, many girls run after him for his good looks, but the personality? Nevermind that. I wonder how I even stayed with him for so long in the first place? Now that I think of it, its a miracle that I did.

"You got some food on the corner of your mouth." Sasuke said and pointed to where he was telling her. TenTen looked confused at first, "Wha--"

"Here, I'll wipe it."

My ex said as he leaned forward and wiped the side of TenTen's mouth with a table napkin. I shut my eyes closed. This is just too much to handle. I knew I felt a slight pang of pain in my chest there. But as a 'matchmaker', I ignored it and pretended to read a newspaper instead. Soon enough, a waiter came to me. "Ah.. Ma'am? Are you okay?"

"Do I look okay to you? Of course, I'm fine! Leave me alone."

I barked at him and continued reading. Why am I having these mood swings again? I heard him sigh. "Sure thing, Ma'am.. But I would just like to inform you that you are reading the newspaper upside-down."

And by hearing that, I immediately stopped and stared at the newspaper. And, yes. He was bloody right. But instead of being ashamed of what I was doing, I cleared my throat and protected my pride. "I-I knew that! I am practicing for a talent show, for your information!! I am just that talented!" I heard him laugh before he walked away.

Phew. Glad that was over.

"Sasuke Uchiha, you left th---"

A man's voice came into my earshot. I looked at the two's table and saw a man who looked like he was in his midtwenties, and had white eyes and, dressed in a tux; staring shocked at..TenTen? I rose an eyebrow. TenTen seems to be as shocked as the man is too.

"N-Neji?"

"T-TenTen..?"

Oh my. Don't tell me that he is her childhood friend?! My plan, is now officially ruined! Played by fate and bet by time. This is absurd. "W-What are you doing here?" Neji asked her. I noticed he was holding a briefcase in one hand. Hm.. So he knows Sasuke, huh?

But before TenTen could even answer, Sasuke stood up and stated, "Neji, I'm going now." And left after he got the briefcase from him. After that, Neji took the seat across of TenTen, the seat where which Sasuke was sitting earlier. And then, they began to talk.

I frowned. This is getting no where.