Chapter Four

Last Date

S A K U R A' s PoV

Saturday.

7:30 pm.

After I arranged the candle light dinner here on the school's rooftop, I observed my finished work. The white clothed table was neatly placed on the center as two chairs were positioned across of each other. The scented candles gave off an eerie, but romantic glow and nice smell to the surroundings. Scattered rose petals were found at every inch of the flooring and if things get really difficult, I will have no other choice than to add music for the night and personally serve their food.

Well, I did took up violin lessons two years ago and I think I could pull it through.

I smiled at my accomplishment. If those two won't fall in love with this kind of scenery, I don't know what would. Soon enough, the door of the staircase opened and revealed a bored looking Sasuke Uchiha in a tuxedo. For a second there, my mouth gapped. He just looks so amazing tonight. When his eyes met mine, he cocked me an eyebrow. "Why are you wearing a dress?" That pulled me back to earth. I shouldn't be spacing out, especially whenever he's around.

I looked down to what I was wearing. A knee-lengthed, soft green colored summer dress. "Why? Is it wrong to wear a dress, Sasuke? Just sit down already. Your date will come any minute now." I nonchalantly told him and avoided eye contact. I heard him huffed a bit, "Pfft. And I thought you already found her." What?

But of course I found the right girl for him! She is on her way this very moment. What is he talking about anyway? The last thing that Sasuke likes in a girl, is the understanding type.

I ignored his statement and gazed out the city lights. The tall buildings towered as their luminous lights can be compared to those of the night sky's. Truly stars on earth, as I quote them once to be. It made me feel at ease.

"Sakura,"

I took in a deep breathe, knowing my heart is beating three times faster than it did earlier. Yes, he still had that effect on me. Much to my annoyance, I doubt that his effect would ever expire even with the knowledge of him being my ex-boyfriend. I still love him. I know that to myself. But I know also that what we had before was a one-sided love. Gathering all my strength, I faced him. But what I didn't expect is that his face was only a few centimeters from mine. He is looking intently at me.

I could now feel the blush creeping its way to my cheeks.

"S-Sasuke."

"Only Sasuke now, huh?"

He smirked. My God, why is he so sinfully beautiful? My eyes darted to his lips. His kissable lips that reminded me of our first kiss three years ago.

"W-What do you mean?"

"Sakura.. More to what a--"

"Sasuke, look. Your date will be here in just a few more seconds, so just sit down, okay?!" I shouted and pushed him away. I don't want to be lead by false hopes anymore. I know that I need to accept the fact that what we have before can never be brought to the present. We broke up and the rest is --should-- be history. He looked a little taken aback at first, but did what I said after. He sat down on one of the chairs and shut up.

Moments later, the door came bursting open and an ear-breaking voice was heard.

"Sakura! You b*tch, if this is none sense, I'm gonna--"

She stopped when she saw Sasuke. Sasuke, on the other hand looked more of horrified. "S-Sasuke-kun?!" The redhead screeched and walked forward. "K-Karin?! Is this some kind of joke?!" Okay. I wasn't expecting their reaction to be like this. And you read it right, I asked Karin to meet me here tonight and hid the reason why because I know her and Sasuke still have a misunderstanding and all. But why Karin? Simple. Because aside from me, she is the only one that can keep up with him.

"Karin, Sasuke.. Calm down, okay? Just sit back and enjoy each others co--"

"You little bastard! You knew Sasuke-kun was here with you!! Geez, okay! I quit, he loves you! You don't need to rub it in my face! Argh!" And with that, she walked away down the stairs. I blinked for a few more seconds, my mind pondering at what she said.

He loves me? What the heck? What is she talking about?

My eyes found Sasuke who was now standing in front of me. "S-Sakura.. I think its time that you knew." I gave him a confused look. Knew what? I am his matchmaker..what now?

He then cupped my face with both his hands, his face looked guilty of somewhat. The light coming from the moon shone on his face.

"Sakura, the reason why Karin and I broke up, is because of you. I couldn't keep it in anymore, so one day I approached her and told her that I still loved you. We had a fight and I broke up. That day, I knocked on your door, thinking of pleading for your forgiveness.. But then again, my plans were changed when I remembered my friends, Sai and Neji are still both single. Naruto told me once that I should find them a match before I beg to have you back or else karma would come running at me again. And so, I came up with a plan and unintentionally blackmailed you to play as a matchmaker for me, even if I wasn't the one benefited at all."

I felt tears welling up in my eyes.

So, he lied when he told me that he needs a matchmaker to help him move on? Instead, I was a matchmaker for his friends. That's the reason why Ino and TenTen are now happy with Sai and Neji. It was his plan to match them up and I, unconsciously helped him.

"Sakura, us being a matchmaker was a success. I now strongly believe, that God matched us for each other.. I'm sorry for being stupid before. I regret that, believe me. I regret I broke up with you.. Sakura, I love you. I still do. Please, be mine again.."

Ans as he said that, tears fell down my cheeks. So, I wasn't going to lose my scholarship after all. That bastard. I can't believe it. We was asking me another chance. And as the emotional one, I sighed and answered the first thing that I knew felt right at a time like this.

"Yes."