Chapter Three

Date #2

S A K U R A' s PoV

"Hahahaha! Sasuke-kun, you are so cool!"

The irritating voice of my blonde bestfriend rang throughout the air. I averted my eyes towards their direction. Sasuke was sitting on a beach towel beside Ino-chan. Ino, on the other hand, tried to make Sasuke utter a word or two, but to her dismay, she couldn't even make him grunt. No one really knows what he is thinking under that bored look of his. Maybe another bored look, I suppose? Even I can't figure that out and I have been with him for three years.

Actually, being his first girlfriend and lasting three whole years with him wasn't exactly the reason why I know him better than any female. I was his stalker in grade school. Yes. I had a huge crush on him and practically fangirled him as if he was a celebrity. I know he likes black coffee more than white. He loves tomatoes and hates anything sweet. He curls up his toes in the morning and leaves the sheets unkept. He huffs when he's shy and twitch his index finger on the right hand if he dislikes something.

Yes. That is how much of a stalker I am.

And I guess, even until this very day, I regret I did knew everything about him. He doesn't even knew I was stalking him for Pete's sake! Now, he was using --okay, blackmailing me to be his instrument in matchmaking. How convenient. Tsk.

And if there's one thing that my ex likes the most about girl, are their curves. You read it right, Sasuke likes sexy girls. That is my one reason why I chose Ino-chan, my bestfriend, in the first place. And if he doesn't compliment her in the next ten minutes while she's wearing her two-piece bikini, get ready for World War III.

Hm.. But to think of that, its still a mystery for me why he courted me? I mean, I wasn't sexy or anything. My chest is hardly visible! But.. He told me before..

Flat-chested or not, I'll love you three times.

And when I asked what those three times are,

I love you, Sakura.. I love you three times. I love you. I love you more, and I--

"Let me guess, I'll love you most?" I asked that time and giggled when I saw his face. But he just pecked my cheek and continued,

Of course not. Because I love you no less.

Those words made my heart skip a beat whenever I remember that moment. We were so happy back then. No worries about anything. He was my prince charming, before he cheated that is. And it hurts more to know that while me and Sasuke were in a relationship, him and Karin were too. I found out that during out third year anniversary, they had their first. He two-timed, in other words.

"Ugh. You may be handsome, but you are such a jerk!"

I heard my bestfriend yelled and stood up from her sitting position. I second the motion. I wanted to shout, because in the first place, he is a jerk. I then heard Sasuke sighed before shaking his head and spoke for the first time in this chapter, "Hn. You may be sexy, but I assure you, you would never meet my standards. Unlike Karin." I wanted barf, but hiding under a beach umbrella forbids me to. Ino huffed and was about to walk away whe--

"Ouch!"

"Sorry, miss."

She bumped into one of the tourists. I eyed him from head to toe. No wonder that guy goes to a beach. He is so pale! I bet even Ino would envy his color. The Yamanaka female angrily shot him a glare. "You bumped me on purpose! You pervert!" I exhaled heavily. Typical Ino. She raised her right hand and was about to slap the poor man when he stated, "Now, slapping me would only hurt your hand, beautiful."

I face-palmed.

Whoever he is, he surely knows what my bestfriend wants to hear. And because of that, Ino's anger finally vanished as she beamed him a sweet smile. "Oh! You are such a cutie! What's your name handsome?" she flirted then clinged to his arm. The man looked confused for a minute before answering, "Sai." And after that, the two walked away to who knows where. Leaving an emotionless Uchiha and a shocked me, behind. Uh oh.. Damn that was my second try! One more mistake and I'm through.

Truthfully, I was hoping Ino would be the perfect one for my ex, but even she couldn't keep up with his attitude. No one can, I guess. With a sigh, I stood up and turned around when a hand on my shoulder stopped me.

I turned to look at the person and stiffened. He was there, staring at me with pure amusement. "Haruno, you have failed for two times already. Really now, when do want to be kicked out? Next week maybe?" I scowled. I may love him until now, but even I doubt I can keep up with his mood swings. He's really going to kick me out of school, huh? Damn it.

"Sasuke, shut up. Look, I can find you a girl until Saturday. I am a hundred percent sure I can find you a perfect match!"

Our sem-break ends three days from now.

He shook his head. "Try to stop searching for her over the Arctic, Sakura-chan. Who knows, she may be just under your nose." And with that he turned on his heel and walked away. His muscular back exposed to my sight. I think I forgot how well-built he is.

I closed my eyes and calmed my nerves. Right under my nose? What does that suppose to mean? Maybe I am searching for the right girl in the wrong direction. Maybe, the perfect girl for that arrogant prince, was just right there in front of me that I chose to ignore the fact that she is.

One thing is for sure though,

I am not failing him next time. I am, afterall, his matchmaker.