Chapter Five

S A K U R A' s PoV

Me and Sasuke got together again. And it has been exactly six months after that incident.

I smiled, brightly at my boyfriend. Sasuke Uchiha. And for the second time around, we fell in love. But I guess that you couldn't call it like that either for both of us knew that the love we had for each other before never vanished. It never faded for it remained in our hearts. The only thing that differs was the fact that it grew stronger.

We love one another more than before.

And I am nothing but happy with that. "Sasuke-kun!" I greeted him as I waved. He looked for the source of the voice and smirked when he saw me. I blushed, for the nth time this afternoon. Why do I have such a handsome boyfriend? He walked to where I sat at and leaned in to smack a kiss.

The people in the park gave us questioning looks, but it didn't bothered us. We are in love. And only we can understand that. He then sat beside me on the wooden bench and held my hand firmly. His gaze distant. Was he having problems again?

"Sasuke, is there anything wrong?"

I couldn't help but ask him. I am now worried. He has been like this for more than a week now. What could possibly be in his mind right now? Even his friends don't know what was playing behind those unreadable eyes of his. His dark pools met mine, as a visibly force smile crept its way to his features.

"Hn. Nothing, Sakura."

"Oh."

A lie. I knew he was lying based from the way his lips moved the moment he finished his sentence. He couldn't hide things from me, he never will. I know him much more than he knows himself.

"Let's go get some ice cream. C'mon."

Sasuke then pulled me up wih him and walked to the nearest ice cream parlor. I noticed that his hands were cold and harder than usual.

"Sasuke.."

"What flavor do you want?" He ignored my call and fetched out his wallet the moment we reached the counter. I sighed. He could be so dense sometimes that it scares me to death. "Chocolate." I shortly answered and pulled my hand away from his. He looked unaffected by that gesture and nod instead before turning to the man who was waiting for our order.

I looked around for a vacant seat inside the shop and found one. I walked towards there and sat down as I waited for him and the ice cream.

I wonder what's wrong with him? He isn't like this usually. Ino and the other girls once adviced me to let him be for a few more days and if he is still so distant, then, expect for the worst. Meaning, he is now cooling off with our relationship or simply breaking up with me again.

And of course, I doubt that will happen. He loves me, right?

When he returned, he placed the bowl of choco ice cream in front of me and a cup of coffee in front of him. I raised an eyebrow. "They sell coffee at an ice cream parlor?" Weird, I know. But Sasuke just shrugged. "They need it for extra income." I nodded and started eating at last. He hated sweets.

But in the midst of eating, he began to speak up, "Sakura.."

"Hm?"

"Look, father wants me to follow his steps in the business world, other than manage the school."

Why do I have a feeling that this is bad news? "So.."

"So, I am..going to the States to help with the Uchiha Corp. there."

I almost choked on my spoon. Going to the States? Oh my. That is a problem. But as the strong girl I am, I just shook that one wrong thought out my head and asked him, "W-When?" I am not ready for this. We just got back together! This couldn't happen now.

"Tomorrow."

Ouch. My heart felt like it was pinned by a thousand needles all at once. Tomorrow? Was that the reason why he call for a date today? And why was he telling me this just now?

"Sshh... Sakura, don't cry."

He wiped my tears that I didn't knew I had on my cheeks. Damn it. Why am I such a crybaby?

He then stood up and hugged me tightly. "I'll come back for you, I promise."

"You mean..."

"I don't know how long I will be staying there. But, long distance relationship shouldn't be too hard for us, right? Its better than nothing."

I nodded and let myself cry on his shirt.

He'll come back.

I do hope so.