Chapter Ten

Margo's Pov
"Did you know Baseball firmly use to be like America's sport? Like that was it's pride and joy. Over the years it slowly became football and basketball." A small hum left Edward's lips, his fingers moving up to tuck away the curls that were falling into my eyes, a side little grin spreading across his face, long before his fingers rubbed across my cheek.

"I do recall baseball being like... all anyone talked about a century ago and the reason you know this, despite hating gym class. Collecting baseball cards was the boy thing to do." A soft snort escaped from me bringing my jacket much closer to me tilting my head in amusement once his hands had fallen from my face to grip at my shoulders lightly giving them a few couple squeezes into his palms.

"That's such an Edward Cullen thing to say isn't it." He rolled his eyes at me playfully placing his arm over my shoulders urging me to walk with him, pressing a single kiss to the side of my head. I valued all the time I got to spend with Edward and his family when I wasn't busy. If you even count before us seemingly getting together, all the training they all gave me.

I just had a off feeling in my gut since I had woken up today my stomach always acted up from anxious feelings, but Alice's gift would just make my stomach hurt a tad bit even more then it already was and give me the worse headache possibly, ten times more words than those I get with Edward's mind reading especially after just one use. Her's was one I needed more practice with when I could stop being a little baby about the pain.

"So with this activity.. Do I have to like actually play? Or am I allowed to just watch?" I questioned my little lazy side coming out in full bloom, hearing an amused like snort leaving him suddenly, his eyes flicking towards me keeping his arm in place around my shoulder.

"No, no offense my love, but you wouldn't be able to keep up with our speed. Plus Emmett has a habit of hitting curve balls, that move at lightening speed. You are pretty clumsy." It was now my turn to roll my eyes playfully, making a face at Edward causing him to quickly pinch at my nose quickly. We had made our way across the field in no time. It didn't take very long for Esme to beam at me happily bringing me into a full hug, which I returned squeezing her warmly.

"I'm glad you can join us Margo, it's always lovely to see you. Need an extra pair of eyes. Emmett cheats." She whispered playfully to me, although he could hear with no problems at all.

"We do not!" She waved him off with a smile, allowing me to listen to her words quite carefully, sinking my shoulders back a bit.

"Call it how you see yeah?"

I have no idea of the rules of baseball, but I think it's like any other sport.

_____________________________
I would say it was pretty interesting watching vampires play sports, it was like they were moving to fast in a blink of an eye, but their emotions were bouncing with fun and excitement that I knew deep down they could have fun, with one another. I wasn't too sure when I had gotten so tried, I found myself sitting on the edge of the grassy field holding back a small yawn that left me feeling my lips twitch to a little smile when his form had stood in front of me.

"Aren't you suppose to be helping your team speedy?" His own lips twitched to a side smile, before he was holding both his hands out to help me up off the damp grass the only sound leaving me was a small like grunt once I was up.

"Very funny, you looked tired wanted to see how you were holding up." I placed my hands to grip onto his arms gently taking a peek into his mind for just a small second.

She always looks so cute sleepy... Should probably get her home soon or else she is never gonna sleep.

I blinked away his thoughts trying to assure him I was alright to watch for a few more hours, it hasn't even got fully dark out yet, which meant my mom's shifts hadn't been over yet. His cold hand had came in contact to rub at my warmth for a few minutes.

"What's the matter? Your thoughts are everywhere Margo." I blinked a few times shaking my head in dismissal.

"I- I'm not too sure I've just been having this off feeling lately." Edward tilted his head for a moment at me before Alice was exclaiming loudly. Edward had whipped around for a moment dropping his hand down from my face to grab a hold of my hand tightly before he was urging me to regroup with everyone.

"Normads... They were leaving before they heard us." I snapped my head towards Edward keeping calm as I could be, sensing his distress right away.

"Vampires your kind?" I whispered to him watching his body turn to face me, nodding firmly he started messing with my hair a bit, looking to the side trying to cover up my neck as best he could. Rosalie had yanked a little scarf she had brought from around her pale neck, coming over to me to place it around me after she lightly pushed Edward away flashing me a small sad smile mumbling to me.

"Try and act as little human as you can, hold your breath, it can slow your pulse down just a bit." She informed me, quietly before she moved around me to rejoin Emmett, I looked back at Edward who also nodded his head in agreement with her.

"Stay close to me, I can max out your scent the best I can."