Chapter Eight

Margo's Pov
School rolled around quite quickly the next Monday. I tried to shake away the strange interaction with Bella thinking I handled it quite well actually. The loud slamming of my locker echoed around through my ears.

The halls sort of crowded but with the extra practicing with everyone I had ten times the better control over this power.

Digging through my locker I read through a social studies assignments holding my binder I almost had a mini heart attack when I slapped my locker close Edward was in front of me.

"Jesus! Oh hello Edward." I greeted him with a small embarrassed laugh clearing my throat a little.

"Morning Margo." He greeted me casually flashing a side grin.

"Wanna head to class together?" He asked me interested. I gulped down the usual nervousness I got around Edward.  But I now just had to face the facts that Edward, I was his mate and that with time maybe we could be something more.

"Yeah I'd like that." I answered. I shut my binder quickly watching Edward drop his hand down. We started walking side by side to together but I had to control my emotions when he dropped his hand down to hold my own hand bringing me close to him.

My heart was hammering away but I laced our hands back together for the first time in months I finally was relaxed with Edward not feeling odd and or awkward. And I liked that.

"So how was your weekend besides you know everything with Bella." I chewed very lightly grazing my teeth over my bottom lip.

"Same old same old, you?" I watched him chuckle a breathless kind before he kissed my forehead.

"Same old same old." I swear I could hear a squeal that sounded like Alice from somewhere.

____________________________
"Margo I am really impressed with your progress these past few months, you've really proven to me that well, every human is extraordinary." I found myself smiling shyly listening to Carlisle speaking to me. I rubbed at my cheeks bashful.

"Yeah she's one tough little human, handling all those nosebleeds on her own." Emmett snickered loudly shaking me by my shoulders roughly making me let the loudest protest out.

"She's amazing for a human." Jasper commented at me cracking a grin shaking his head.

"Jasper is that  anyway to talk to your best friend?" I teased at him. He placed his hand over where his heart would be beating.

"My apologies best friend." The both of us shared a quick laugh among one another between everyone's emotions his were quite peaceful. I learned with Alice's power I couldn't see my future only she could.

With Edward's we couldn't read each minds at the same time. With Jasper we could use it with one another but that as time went on I would have to be extra cautious with which powers I started using when I came In contact with new vampires.

"I'm still worried about the Volturi finding out about her Carlisle, she's an extraordinary human what happens when they learn she can have a vampires power and use it without control." Edward sighed massaging at his temple.

"Edward you need to have more faith, Margo is safe right now. The safest place is with you." Esme spoke calmly.

"Give her more credit, the more she learns she can defend herself." Rosalie nodded her head deeply cracking a grin at me.

"Like Jasper said she's not bad for a human." We shared a look chuckling with one another.

"Edward stop thinking about bad things you weirdo what I wanna know is you know." Alice clapped her hands gesturing fast between now close me and Edward were sitting.

"I saw them holding hands in the hallway." Emmett smirked sitting down in the chair with Rosalie who sat in his lap easily.

"Same." Rosalie chuckled out.

"They were whispering at lunch." Jasper joined in.

"Jasper." I exclaimed he held his hands up in defensive. "I saw it okay." He laughed shaking his head. Alice gave us both look Edward sighed defeated chuckling lightly.

"We are taking things slow, but yes we are together." He answered.

"Yes! That means prom is gonna be amazing." I stared at Alice in what seemed like a little be of awe shaking with quiet laughed I then turned to Edward.

"Hey you know what that means right?" I whispered he stared at me a very deep spark of curiosity. I patted at his arms giving them a very light and soft squeeze.

"You get to meet my mom, she's gonna love this I never bring home boyfriends." The size in his eyes grew very wide.

"Your mom? Well if she is like you, I think she'll love me." I crossed my leg over the other.

"She's a nurse, she works with Carlisle.  Half the time she's hyper off caffeine, but she's fun, so that's a plus." Edward then hummed shifting so we both were cuddling on the couch a bit his arm in place.

"So she's like you, just she could kill me with knives and needles." A low snort left me while I cradled his hand closely.

"So Edward Cullen is scared of something, now that's interesting." Edward cracked a small grin at me his cold fingers tracing at my brown skin slowly.

"I'm fearful of something actually."

"And that is?"

"You not being in my arms again