𝘼𝙁𝙏𝙀𝙍 𝙂𝙇𝙊𝙒 [♡]

ʜᴀɴᴀᴋᴏ-ᴋᴜɴ

ʜᴀɴᴀᴋᴏ-ᴋᴜɴ

genre: fluff

pairing: hanako x gender neutral! artist! reader

summary: in which hanako tries to peek over to [name]'s sketchbook but was astonished when he realized that they was sketching him the whole time as he managed to retrieve the sketchbook from the mokke

You were currently on the rooftop with your pencil and your sketchbook, distanced away from your classmates. This arrangement made you peaceful, no people watching you draw and no distractions. Specifically, no unfortunate souls who tried to peek over your precious sketchbook.

The sound of graphite against the sheet calms you down. There's nothing else you wanted to hear other than your sketching. Your classmates speculated about your drawings, well they have seen you draw many times but they never thought about what was inside that sketchbook of yours.

You tend to hiss whenever someone tries to look over your sketchbook or when some idiot attempts to take your sketchbook to take a little peek. That's why people would often see your sketch with your pad near your face so no one could see what you were drawing.

As you were sketching, you felt a certain someone approaching you from behind. You quickly closed your sketchbook, earning a small pouty noise from your ghostly friend, Hanako. "It will be appreciated if you approach from the front." You said nonchalantly, putting your pencil inside your pencil case and turning around to see Hanako. "What do you need?"

"I was this close to see what you're sketching in your pad!" Hanako punched the air as his plan of sneaking behind you failed. You can easily sense when someone is watching you from behind, guess you can say that's one of your talents other than drawing in particular.

"Too bad, you're not seeing it," You replied.

Hanako whined, shaking her back and forth as he begged you to let him see. You kept a straight face, hoping that he would take that as a no but this persistent little bitch does not know when to stop. "Hanako-kun, I told you many times, my answer is still no."

"What's in your sketchbook anyways?" Hanako floated around you, checking you out which made you a little dizzy. "Are you drawing something lewd?~" he smirked playfully. You deadpanned, mentally asking yourself if he's being serious or just being a pervy ghost as he is.

"No."

"Then what is it?"

"Not telling you."

Hanako's jaw dropped at your attitude. At this point no one knows who's being stubborn; the one who doesn't want to show their sketchbook or the one asking every five seconds if they can see their sketchbook. It was surprising that you can still tolerate this ghost's behavior, but it's understandable since he's been lonely for years.

"It's confidential, bud." You smiled, patting his head as you passed by him to go back to your own classroom. Hanako watched as you left the rooftop, still curious about the contents of your sketchbook and why you don't want anyone to show it.

But whatever it is, your sketches inside must be important to you.

"Hanako-kun!" You frantically slide inside the bathroom where Hanako was playing a spinning top by the window. The choppy haired boy looks up to see your rushed state as if you ran a marathon just to find Hanako. "You have to help me!"

"Oh? What seems to be the problem?"

"Someone stole my sketchbook!" Your hands made their way in your hair, ruffling it frustratingly. You looked really angry as Hanako thought. Well, he doesn't know what's inside of the sketchbook. If he knew, he'd understand why you started acting like this. "I swear if I find that person I won't hesitate to kick them—"

"Calm down [Name], I'm sure your sketchbook will be fine—" Hanako tries to calm you down by patting your shoulder.

"What if they tell everyone about what's inside my sketchbook when they have it?"

"[Name], look at me." Hanako places his hands on your shoulders. You took deep breaths and stared at his amber eyes. "Your sketchbook will be fine, okay? You worry too much..."

"That sketchbook is important to you, so we're going to find it together."

Truth to be told, the reason why you don't want anyone to show your sketchbook is because you keep drawing Hanako at every pad. The whole sketchbook is filled with your drawings with him. You have the talent of remembering people's faces and then drawing them after.

Maybe because you keep seeing Hanako everyday, causing you to draw him a lot on your pad. "It's probably the mokkes who took your sketchbook." Hanako cuts your worrying thoughts by speaking. "Let's go find them."

Well, the mokkes is on the okay side if they saw your sketchbook, unless they snitched on what they saw inside. You and Hanako started to search for your missing sketchbook, hoping to spot the mokkes carrying it.

"Sooo~ if we find your sketchbook, will you let me see what's inside~" Hanako asked cheekily, wiggling his eyebrows at you.

"No." You flatly said.

"Ehhhh!" Hanako whined like a little kid that had been dragged away from the toy aisle. "Why won't you let me see it?"

"Because it's embarrassing..." You mumbled as you looked away from him. Your cheeks seeping in red. Hanako was determined to be the first one to find the sketchbook before you so that he can peek inside. "So stop whining about it and help me find my sketchbook."

While the two of you were walking together, searching for your sketchbook, a mokke hopped through the halls passing by. You squinted to see what the mokke was carrying.

It was your beloved sketchbook. "There it is!" You started to run towards the mokke with your sketchbook. The mokke noticed you and started to hop away. Hanako tried to chase after you two. "Give my sketchbook back!"

Hanako floated above and quietly tried to take your sketchbook from the mokke's ears. He successfully takes your sketchbook back as the mokke was still running away. A small sigh of relief escaped from your lips when Hanako handed the sketchbook back to you. "Yes! My precious sketchbook!" You cried in joy, hugging the sketchbook to your chest. "Thank you Hanako-kun."

"Anything for you, [Name]..." Hanako is happy when you are happy. You finally have your sketchbook back. Too bad, he didn't get to have a peek as he intended to, but he didn't want to disrespect you by peeking without your permission. "Would that be all?"

"Since you brought my sketchbook back, I guess you can see what's inside..." You extended your sketchbook in front of Hanako as your gaze averted to somewhere else. "B-But promise me not to tease me about it."

"Of course." Hanako takes your sketchbook from your hands. You didn't want to see his reactions so you looked away. Hanako was astonished at the moment he flipped the first page seeing a portrait of him, then another and another. He thinks you're quite skilled at the way you got the smallest details in him. "Y-You're really good at drawing, [Name]! How can you hide this?"

"I'm flattered, thank you very much..." You quickly mumbled with a blush. Hanako chuckled softly, scanning through the pages of your sketchbook. "I plan to give the whole sketchbook to you once I finish the pages."

Hanako walked over to you and gave your sketchbook back. "I'm looking forward to it." He smiled, then placed a kiss on your cheek. Your eyes widened in shock, placing a hand on the spot where he kissed. "See you later~"

You stood there as you watched Hanako go back to his bathroom. Hugging your sketchbook tightly, you mumbled. "You dummy, when will you realize that I like you..."