#01

"That day, humanity remembered...
The terror of being ruled by them.
The humiliation of being kept in a cage."

To you 2,000 Years in the future
The fall of Zhiganshina (1)

You were sitting under the tree, your head leaning on Mikasa's shoulder, eyes closed as you listened to the comfortable silence. The wind began to pick up, making the leaves from the tree fall on you, an annoyed groan leaving your lips.

However, your attention was caught by the brunette who was panting heavily, his wide eyes meeting yours.

"Huh? Mikasa..Y/n.." Eren's shaky voice filled your ears, hand flying to his head to stop the painful headache

"Let's head back." Mikasa said, fully ignoring confused Eren and even more confused you.

"What am I doing here?" He asked, looking at you with the hope to get the answer. Before you could say anything, Mikasa spoke again.

"You're so out of it. Were you sound asleep?"

"No..." Eren said as you placed your hand on his back, helping him to sit up.

"It's just, I feel like I had a really long dream. What was it about..." His hand pressed his head harder, trying to figure out what was going on. "You can think about it later." You said, offering him a hand to stand up.

Turning your head back to Mikasa, You noticed her already looking at you and Eren with a weird look on her face. Suddenly, she spoke up.

"Eren, why are you crying?"

What?

Turning your head to look at Eren, his eyes full of tears, a few of them running down his cheeks. His fingertips made contact with the warm liquid before he wiped them off as you offered him a tissue.

The Year: 854 -- Zhiganshina District

"Mikasa, Y/n. Don't tell anyone I was crying." Eren said, his face filled with fear. Slightly worried that you or Mikasa would tell somebody and embarrass him.

"I won't. We won't" Mikasa said, eyes locked with yours.

"But if you're crying for no reason, why not have your dad check you over?" Nodding your head to Mikasa's question, lightly hitting Eren to get the answer out of him.

"No way! I can't tell my dad about it." Eren said, hitting you back with a growl. Misaka shook her head, ready to say something but was cut off by a familiar voice.

"What are you crying over, Eren?"

Rolling your eyes, you turned your head to look at the tall blondie in front of you. Hannes.

"Hannes!" Eren said as he watched Hannes bend over to us, noticing you taking a step back.

"Did Mikasa get mad at you for something?" Hannes' drunk voice reached your nose, making you wanna throw up as your hate for alcohol got bigger each second.

"Why would that make me cry? Also, you stunk from alcohol!" Eren almost barked out, anger filling his voice as he watched the tall man give him a small laugh.