#03

A dim light in the Darkness of Despair Humanity rises again (1)

Y/n's pov:

"You there!" I heard Shadis yell at my best friend who was standing next to me. Shivers start running down my spine, Shadis standing next to me. Don't fuck this up Y/n. Armin put his right fist on his chest.

"Yes, sir!" Armin yelled out and kept looking at the taller guy in front of him.

"Who are you!?" Shadis yelled. Loudly and aggressively. I could say he 'barked' at Armin. He didn't wait too long before Armin told him the answer.

"Armin Arlert, from Zhiganshina!" Armin yelled out which brings my memories back to when Zhiganshina wasn't a 'city of Titans'.

"Yeah? That's a stupid name." Shadis said to my friend and started to walk away.

"At least it's not that bad as yours..." I mumbled under my breath which wasn't quite enough and made him notice it.

"You said something young lady?" He asked with a 'pissed off ' tone. I said a quick "No, sir!" He started to walk toward me which made my eyes widen. What is he going to do? I asked myself and I started to think of the punishment he would give me.

"What is your name." He said in a serious tone. Really serious tone. I raised my right fist and placed it on my chest.

"Y/n Yeager" I said while looking at Shadis. My last name isn't Yeager. It's L/n. But I don't feel comfortable with my last name because of my past so I asked Eren's parents if I can use their last name. I was basically their kid but they didn't call me daughter and I didn't call them my parents. But after Carla's and Grisha's death, Eren claimed me as his sister. I am Eren's sister. Not blood-related, but nobody besides Eren, Mikasa, and Armin knows it. Shadis just scoffed and walked off as if nothing happen. Armin looked at me and start saying how crazy I am saying things like that in front of Shadis.

I could hear Shadis ask people their names and why are they here. I heard a lot of names like Jean, Marco, Connie and lastly Sasha aka 'Potato girl'.

Time skip

I was now watching Sasha running laps, for how long? About... 5 hours I think? All she wanted was food. Poor her. After a while, I went inside to eat dinner. I hope it's not something 'yuck'. I saw my brother, he was talking to his new friends. When he saw me his face lit up and he offered me to sit next to him, which I gladly accepted. He was convincing his friends that he saw the Colossal Titan. They asked questions like 'How big was he', 'Was he scary?' and all types of it. He kept describing how he looked while others started to ask about Armor Titan.

"Armor Titan looked pretty much like a normal Titan" My brother said while shoving a full spoon of soup into his mouth.

"Then what's a normal Titan like?" Some random guy asked my brother which made him drop the spoon he was holding. I looked at him worried. Is he thinking about the Titan that ate our mom? He covered his mouth and I saw the horror in his eyes.

"Guys, let's stop with the questions." I and some guy said at the same time. I think his name was...Marco? He looked at me and gave me a closed-eye smile. I returned the smile back and looked back at my brother. I wanted to ask him if he is alright but before I could say anything he started to talk again. About Titans. Of course.

"I'll kill them all-" Before my brother could complete the sentence, a new voice cut him off.

"Hey, are you nuts?" Everybody looked toward the voice coming from another table. Some horse-face-looking guy was staring at us. His hand was supporting his head when he started to talk again.