#02

"Over a hundred years ago, humanity suddenly found itself face with a new predator. They were far more powerful than humans. Humanity was immediately pushed to the brink of extinction. The survivors built tree walls: Maria, Rose, and Sina. There, they enjoyed a century of peace. However..."

That Day
The fall of Zhiganshina (2)

Hannes groaned in pain when Eren hit his head, hands clung into a tight fists. He stopped running, "Eren! What are you doing?" he asked, grabbing the brunette's hand.

"You were so close to saving my mom! Why wouldn't you mind your own business!? You were so close to saving her!" Eren yelled at the man whole was holding him as he used his other hand to hit him again. An unexpected yelp left his lips and in the blink of an eye, he was laying on the ground.

A gasp left Mikasa's mouth, yelling out his name before running out of Hannes' arms. You watched her kneel down checking if he was okay before turning around, looking into your eyes in confusion. You wanted to run after her and ask your brother if he was okay, but you couldn't move. You were still frozen in shock from what happened, tightly grasping Hannes' clothes in order not to fall off.

"Eren," Said Hannes as he walked closer, "You couldn't save your mother," he kneeled down, placing you on the ground as he watched Mikasa grab your hand, pulling you into her, "because you lacked the strength."

Eren's eyes widen more, his fist flying towards Hannes, unfortunately failing when the male grabbed his hand. More tears fell down Eren's face as he moved his hand, trying to move it out of Hannes' grasp.

"I couldn't stand up to the Titan..." Hannes started, a stream of tears painting his cheeks, "...because I lacked the courage!" his voice was shaky as he looked at Eren who was also crying, his hand finally resting against his.

Hannes stood up, dragging Eren with him as he walked toward Mikasa who was tightly holding your hand, arm wrapped around you as she held you in her chest.

"I'm sorry..." Hannes said as he grabbed Mikasa's hand, pulling all three of you away from the chaos behind the buildings. A quiet sob left Eren's mouth as you felt Mikasa grab your hand tighter.

-

Hannes brought all three of you to a boat, wishing you the best of luck before yells came from the walls as the only way to get on a boat was gone. You heard the people scream, jumping on the boat from a long distance. 

A loud noise came from the walls, making all three of you turn around, looking for the source of the sound. Your eyes widen in fear when you noticed another Titan. But this one was different. A shaky sigh left your lips as you looked down, wishing that this is all just a dream.

-

The boat has been swimming for a few hours now, the colors of sunset shining on your face. Suddenly, you felt a shifting next to you as you saw your brother stand up, walking towards the edge of the boat.

"Eren.." You walked after him, hearing him sniff before pushing Armin away. "I'll kill them all!" He began as you looked at Mikasa who was the same confused as you, "I'll wipe every one of them!"

...