#07

The small blade
The battle for Trost (3)

Y/n's pov:

It was still raining, I and Mikasa were standing on top of the roof since we heard a bell sound, but nobody was trying to climb the wall. Why? I heard Mikasa's gaps and I looked the way she was looking. There were Titans climbing on the building. How did they get there? I started to count, wanting to know how many Titans we are going to deal with. 1,2,3...8! There are 8 we have to kill.

"Y/n." Mikasa said with a serious tone. I hummed signaling her to continue.

"You are staying here." What.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked Mikasa with wide eyes.

"We used lots of gas. Killing Titans and climbing the wall is going to be dangerous. You will stay here and I will try to find somebody who would help us." Mikasa said while turning around ready to use her ODM gear. I mean, It's true. We used lots of gas and we don't have enough to kill Titans AND climb the wall.

"No. I'm going with you" I said and she just gave me a "You for real?" look.

"Y/n you can't. It's dangerous." Mikasa said while trying to stop me.

"This whole thing is dangerous. Being born into this world is dangerous, Mikasa. You either fight and survive or give up and die. There is no between." I said and Mikasa just sighed.

"Fine... but try to use as less gas as you can." Mikasa said and shot herself into the air with me following her.

After a few minutes, Mikasa landed on top of the roof. I looked up and noticed Mikasa talking to Annie. They haven't seen Eren and neither has his team. The only person here is Armin. Shit. "Armin" We both called his name but his head was still down. We asked Armin some questions but he was quiet as a mouse. Not a single word came out of him. After asking questions about Eren's location, Armin's head shot up and we saw the tears in his eyes.

What the hell happened!?

Armin started to name out every name of people who had died... He also mentioned my brother's name. Armin apologized for not being able to save my brother. I wasn't angry at Armin. Why would I? I was just... confused? Why did Eren die? How did that happen? Did the Titan grab him and crushed him? Did the Titan eat him? I sighed and put my hand on Armin's one.

"It's okay, Armin. You shouldn't blame yourself for it" I gave him slight smile and helped him stand up. Mikasa was talking to others, trying to find a way how to get out of here.

"Climbing the wall will be the easy part." I said walking behind Mikasa.

"But there are too many Titans!" I heard Marco say.

"I can do it. I am strong! Stronger than you guys. Very strong. I and Y/n. We can handle those Titans." Mikasa said raising her blade into the air. After a few seconds of Mikasa roasting everybody in front of her, she jumped off the roof. I stayed on the roof watching others who had wide eyes. Later, I jumped off as well, following Mikasa into the air.

Mikasa was faster than me, but... she was using too much gas. With that much gas, she will run out fast. She may be strong but without gas and ODM gear she won't take down a single Titan. Mikasa took down the Titan in front of us and then I saw her gas stop. Uh-oh. Mikasa started to fall and I yelled her name. I'm not fast enough! I knew I can't save her completely. She is too close to the roof and I wouldn't have time to use my ODM gear. I used gas and shot myself toward Mikasa. I reached for her and wrapped my body around her's. When we fell, my back met the tiles of the roof.

Ouch.

Since I used my gas which shot us to the right side we kept rolling. After a few rolls, we fell off the roof on something soft.

Thank God that we didn't fall on the ground.

I was now laying on Mikasa's chest groaning in pain with closed eyes. Suddenly Mikasa gently pushed me off of her. I opened my eyes and saw her on her knees. I was still laying on the soft fabric while Mikasa was kneeling on the ground. I heard a loud noise while the ground was shaking. I looked to my right and my eyes widen. Titan.

"MIKASA! RUN!" I yelled at the girl kneeling under me. Both of us were out of gas and I couldn't move since the fall injured my back. Mikasa didn't move, not even flinch.

After a few seconds, Mikasa stood up and jumped on the stand I was laying on. She picked me up in bridal style but she didn't run. She sat down still carrying me in bridal style and leaned against the wall behind us. The Titan was getting closer.

"W-What are you doing 'Kasa" I asked the black-haired girl who was not holding me.

"If we die, we will die together. And when you meet your mom in heaven, you can say that you died in my arms." She said and closed her eyes, waiting for the Titan to end it all. I looked at the Titan, seeing his hand reaching for us. I closed my eyes, scared, waiting for the dead to come. But it didn't.

I opened my eyes when I heard a cut noise and I noticed that Mikasa cut his fingers off. She stood up with me in her eyes and jumped to the ground running from the Titan. The Titan reached his hand for us again and slammed Mikasa into the wall. After Mikasa opened her eyes again he slammed the wall next to her which made her fall to the other side, with me in her arms. She stood up and ran toward the other end which was blocked... By another Titan.

Mikasa put me down and gripped her blades. She was about to cut the Titan but something stopped her. The Titan who blocked our way out, punched the one who tried to kill us.

What the hell. I thought all Titans are friends? He ran toward the other Titan and killed him. Is this normal for Titans to do? Mikasa laid me back in her arms. We watched the elf ear Titan kill the other one before somebody grabbed us and threw us on the roof. Armin! Connie!

"Are you guys okay!?" Both of the boys asked us. I shook my head with closed eyes.

"Y/n injured her back while saving me." Mikasa said while hugging me closer. When I opened my eyes I noticed another Titan against the elf one. The fight wasn't even long. The elf Titan punched him which sent his head flying into the building. There is no way it's another aberrant Titan.

Connie suggested going back to HQ but Armin told him that we were out of gas. Armin gave Mikasa his gas and took me in his arms.

"I'll take care of Y/n. You go back to HQ." Armin said while I laid my head on his chest trying to fall asleep so I can get rid of the pain.

"I won't leave you here"