sixteen

Waking up to the sounds of a bustling city and the breeze of the Venetian lagoon, I was surprised by how well I slept given last night's events

Waking up to the sounds of a bustling city and the breeze of the Venetian lagoon, I was surprised by how well I slept given last night's events. Maybe there was just something about being in such a beautiful Italian city that tended to give people their much needed rest. Or maybe I was simply exhausted from thinking too much. Either way, I was feeling refreshed after my nine hour sleep, and ready to start my day. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want time to move quicker so that I could meet with Damien already. I had everything planned out. We'd meet at the bar, I'd seduce him, and I'd end up in his suite by the end of the night...if only it were that easy.

Today, I opted for a pair of breathable white linen trousers, a floral bandeau top, and a colorful cover-up, along with a red Brazilian bikini packed away in my Louis Vuitton purse. We were taking a trip twenty minutes south of Venice to Lido beach, and then coming back for a gondola ride afterwards, although I would probably stay back and opt to walk the Rialto bridge. I styled my hair in waves and carefully added two small braids on each side to give it a little more depth. I wanted to look my best; after all, this would be Damien's first time seeing me in a bikini, and I intend on making him drool. After applying some SPF and waterproof mascara, I was ready to go.

Entering the lavish hotel lobby, I immediately spotted a group of students from my class waiting by Ms. Liebman for further instruction on today's itinerary. Damien was nowhere to be seen yet, so I sat down and made myself comfortable while Ms. Liebman filled us in.

"Today we'll be going to the beautiful Lido Beach, just twenty minutes south from here. I expect you all to be on your best behavior, but more than anything, just have fun! You deserve it." she jubilantly expressed as we all stared with confusion at our overly excited teacher.

At least someone got laid last night.

The drive to Lido beach went by quickly, as Kennedy gushed to me about a Greek university student she'd met late last night in the hotel lobby. It seemed everyone was engulfed in romantic pursuits, while I was struggling to even get a minute alone with Damien. The bus came to a sudden halt as we pulled up to an exquisite shoreline that had an uncanny resemblance to the beaches back home that I'd missed so much. Walking off the sweltering bus, I inhaled the wonderful smell of the sea as my face was hit by the ocean's breeze. I immediately found the changing rooms near the beach bar and couldn't wait to get out of these clothes and into the water. With my bikini on, I took one last glance in the mirror to make sure nothing was out of place and threw on my Dior sunglasses. With a satisfied nod, I stepped out onto the warm sand and found a secluded spot near the water to set out a towel and suntan. I spotted Damien a little further down the beach and it took all of my strength not to run to him. He was dressed in a sheer white t-shirt and cerulean blue swim shorts accompanied by a pair of black Armani sunglasses perched atop his sculpted nose. I felt myself getting more and more flustered by the minute as several girls and women stared at the gorgeous man who'd kissed me not even two weeks ago.

I needed a drink. I slowly got up, brushing the sand off my bum, and made my way over to the bar.

"Un margarita piccante, per favore." I smiled sweetly as I sat at one of the stools and an older Italian woman made my drink for me. As I was waiting, a man seemingly in his thirties sat down next to me, albeit the several empty seats beside him. I gave a polite smile, as he obviously stared at my breasts.

"Are you from Italy or visiting?" the man without a name questioned in a thick Italian accent.

"Oh, just visiting." I noted, trying to appear as disinterested as possible.

"You know, a pretty girl like you shouldn't be sitting here alone, drinking alone." he slurred, clearly already a couple drinks in. He leaned in closer, touching my arm now, as I grew increasingly uncomfortable. "I could take you somewhere more private, bellissima."

Suddenly, the man was dragged away by the same arm that was touching me moments ago, as I heard the voice I loved so much in a tone I'd never heard before.

"Get the fuck away from her." Damien demanded, his hand still gripping the man's arm with force, and towering over him with intimidation. The man, clearly frightened, backed away, picked up his drink, and left.

"Are you okay?" Damien questioned, a clear expression of concern visible on his visage as he sat down next to me.

"Yeah, I- I'm fine." I stuttered as his hand was placed on my lower thigh, a comforting gesture that seemed so unusual for a man who was avoiding me at all costs.

"I swear I was ready to punch him out, Ana. He had no right to touch you like that." he ran his fingers through his hair, letting out an audible frustrated sigh.

"I'm okay, Damien, really..." I found my hand gripping his in reassurance as he scanned every part of my face for any sign that I was not, with his beautiful blue eyes. Everyone was back on the beach at this point in time, and I felt an overwhelming need to kiss him with urgency, just as he did back in his office, but I knew it was not the right place nor time. It would be reckless. But I really wanted to.

He pulled his hand away gently as reality set back in and softly whispered "I'm glad you're okay." After a long pause, he continued. "Remember later tonight."

I couldn't stop thinking of her

I couldn't stop thinking of her. No matter how hard I tried, no matter how inherently wrong I knew this was, her very being was etched into my mind like an old favorite song. The guilt was eating me alive.

The fact that I was the reason for her sadness weighed heavily on my shoulders.

But the truth was that despite what she thought, I didn't want to hurt her. That is the last thing I wanted. Ignoring her presence for the last couple weeks was my way of coping with the fact that I was more than willing to give up my entire career for a girl who I'd known for less than three months. For a girl who was my student. I proved that when I kissed her. I watched her saunter away from the bar, a margarita in her delicate hands, slowly mesmerizing me with the way she walked. The way she was. Her crimson red bikini taunted me in the best way possible, accentuating her hourglass figure, showing off just enough to make any man go mad. And that's when I had the thought...

This girl is going to be the death of me.