1

Y/n's POV

The 'End Times' is what they were calling it- the period after the bombs. Nuclear war had rippled throughout the world a little over a year ago and since then, I'd created my own small civilisation below the earth's surface.

All I'd had was a several meetings with the cooperative and a few injections with protectives against radiation, and now I'm apparently qualified to restart humanity. Sounds fine by me.

I don't trust them though. The cooperative, I mean. Somethings- a lot of things actually- just didn't add up. They wanted to rebuild humanity but the groups of survivors couldn't contact one another for help. They saved us at first but then left alone with barely anything to keep us going.

It was a form of psychological torture, I was fully aware, but I'd been trained against getting caught up in it. The residents of the outpost however, weren't as lucky and i frequently used this to my advantage, giving them little bits of hope, just to watch them crumble when I tore it away again.

"It's like Satan's Spotify playlist!" I heard one of the purples groan, listening to The Morning After play throughout the common room once again. I smirked to myself and stood outside the door, trying to suppress a laugh.

The repeating record wasn't a cooperative message at all, despite what the Purples thought. In fact, it was just a speaker in the wall that I was controlling, messing with their heads further, purely for my own entertainment. Occasionally, when everyone else was in their chambers, I'd go down and listen to some of my music with a book, letting the words bounce off the concrete walls of the outpost and hit me with a sense of satisfaction.

After humouring myself for a short while with their pathetic reactions to the song again, I silently made my way down the narrow corridors and to my chambers.

The door unlocked with a gentle click and I stepped inside, locking the dim room again, once I was alone.

My dress fell to the floor, the heavy material pooling around my ankles. I added my dreaded heels to the pile and walked over to my armoire, before putting on a satin lilac slip. My hair was easy to unpin and I let it fall down into its natural state.

I rinsed off my makeup in the en-suite and then got settled under my duvet, letting my mind settle on yet another dull day.

I just wanted a change. One little change. That's all I needed. I was slowly starting to spiral into the same mental state as the others, and it scared me.

'Just one change' was the last thing I thought, before dreamless sleep finally consumed me and took control of my senses.