2

Wilhelmina's POV

'Just one change' I heard her and I knew this was where I was going next.

I stepped out of my rooms, my black suit showing everyone who was boss. Survivors cowered against the walls, as I walked past, my red hair bouncing lightly with each movement.

"Outpost three." I stated loudly, alerting the pilot, as I walked up the steps into my jet.

Once settled, I made a martini- shaken not stirred- and sat down again, looking into the files of residents at my destination.

The leader, Ms l/n was perfect- just how I'd wanted the training to work. Her frequent updates on the outpost's files showed her working and her numbers were quite impressive.

My jet was positioned not even two minutes after I got seated, and I watched out the window, as we rolled out of the sanctuary and into the radioactive wasteland that was the earth.

We took off quickly and I continued drinking and looking into files.

"Five minutes until touchdown, Ms Venable." The pilot announced, making me close the lid of my laptop and slip it into my bag. I pulled out my small compact and checked my deep-red lipstick once more, before closing the mirror, with a satisfying snap.

The plane touched down only a few feet from the gate of outpost three. I zipped up my pathetic black hazmat suit, despite not needing it, and left the jet, giving my pilot a curt nod to signal for him to go back to the sanctuary. He saluted me and took off again, leaving me stood alone on the dead ground.

I could either take the effort of introducing myself and making a big deal about it, or I could scare the shit out of them and just show up in a room.

With my decision made, I blinked and made myself comfortable in the office of the outpost leader, my heels clacking against the concrete floor, as I examined the room.

Not even two minutes later, did I hear the lock to the room click open and the door was pushed open. There, I was met with Ms l/n.

Y/n's POV

I was so fed up that day and I was practically drowning in work. I trudged my way to my office, my black ballgown getting caught in the doorways. I sighed and pushed my door open, before terror consumed me.

"Who are you?" I asked harshly, closing the door quickly, scared she was contaminated.

"I'm Wilhelmina Venable, head of the cooperative." She gave me a dazzling smile and held out her hand for me to shake it, also displaying her fingerprints and badge, sort of like a passport all cooperative members had to carry.

"Do excuse me, Ms Venable but how did you get into my office?" I growled, not planning on backing down.

"I have a key." She replied sarcastically.

"May I ask why you're in my office?" I raised an eyebrow, growing tired of the woman already. I wasn't bothered anymore.

"Your outpost is the last one standing but there's still hope. There is a sanctuary, a place where humanity is being regrown with different seeds, if you will. I'm here do decide who I save and take to my sanctuary." She smirked, watching me sit behind my desk, letting her know I wasn't scared of her.

"And how will you decide?" I rolled my eyes, starting my work for the day.

"I'll be interviewing everyone in this outpost to see if you're worthy." She smiled and sat across from me.

"And when will these interviews begin?" I gulped slightly.

"Tonight." She whispered.

I had Ms Venable taken to a room for her stay here, where she could set up for interviews and what not.

I asked for a change but this isn't what I wanted.