4

Y/n's POV

I knew she'd survive. What I didn't know, was that she'd be in my outpost, sound asleep, thinking I was just another one of them.

The leader of it all.

I should've known it was her doing. The entire apocalypse thing had the name "Wilhelmina" written all over it.

I was all curled up in my bed, finally letting the tears fall, when I fall her presence outside but then the gentle clacking of her heels down the corridor told me she'd gone back to her own chambers once more.

Wilhelmina L. Venable- the woman who broke God. The woman capable of anything, no matter how horrific it may be. Wilhelmina L. Venable- the woman who single-handedly destroyed earth, the woman who ended it all.

Wilhelmina L. Venable- the woman who crushed my heart.

I slept with the thought of her in my mind and how I could never forgive her, but something inside me wanted to tell her it was me. No. I can't. Not again.

Wilhelmina's POV

The next morning came around slowly, with one of the worst nights sleep I'd ever had to endure. I threw on a white shirt with a black corset and a pair of black trousers, pulling my hair into a ponytail and applying my makeup, before slipping into my heels and leaving the room for breakfast.

Those fucking cubes I swear to God.

"Good morning, Ms l/n." I passed her in the hallway and she tended almost instantly, upon hearing my voice.

"Ms Venable." She gave me a curt nod and walked away again.

Did she know? I highly doubted it. The mirror showed why she was upset but whether she knew why, was a different story entirely. Mortals. They're all stupid.

The room sat in a stilled muttering from around the table, as I felt her eyes burning into me.

Surely she knew... right?

Y/n's POV

So much I was fed to say. So much I wanted to do. So much I was feeling. Did she remember? Maybe not.

I was insignificant to her now. Which was antagonising, considering I was her everything for so long. Her smile. Her laugh. Her love. No. Wilhelmina can't feel love. She doesn't like love.

Wilhelmina L. Venable- the woman who broke God. The woman capable of anything, no matter how horrific it may be. Wilhelmina L. Venable- the woman who single-handedly destroyed earth, the woman who ended it all.

Wilhelmina L. Venable- the woman who crushed my heart.