5

Wilhelmina's POV

Her cloud of feelings surrounded me again. Jesus woman! Stop feeling things! This time however, they didn't shove me or push me over, no, this time they wrapped themselves around me in a hug. A bittersweet, crushing hug.

My eyes met hers, in a quick glance and I knew it then- she did remember.

Oh shit.

"You're all dismissed." She called out harshly, before standing up and leaving in a hurry.

She definitely knew.

Y/n's POV

Shit. She remembered.

I slammed my office door shut and slumped down in the huge leather chair behind the desk, letting out a long sigh.

I felt at peace in here. Alone. With no worries. Well, that all vanished when I heard a familiar knock at the door and, without me even answering, she'd opened it and was stood in my office, an uncertain look on her face.

"Can I help you Ms Venable?" I asked coldly, staring the the paperwork in front of me.

"I'm here to assess you." She growled, in an equally hostile manner to that of myself.

"My assessment isn't scheduled until tomorrow evening, Ms Venable." I snapped back, glaring at her.

"God, stop calling me that y/n!" She huffed dramatically, and the door slammed shit behind her with a force. Damned magic.

"I don't know what else you'd like me to call you." I muttered, giving up on this argument already.

"Not that." She whispered and sat across from me at the desk. It was just like the end all over again.

"What then? Mina?" I hissed, "Winnie? Darling?...Libby?" I drawled put that last one, knowing it would sting the most.

She winced slightly, making me lean back and smirk.

Libby. The one name I refused to ever utter again... until now.

"What are you doing here, Wilhelmina?" I whispered, my voice carrying through the tense atmosphere, like a hammer smashing through a window.

"I came here to assess everyone in your outp-."

"I MEAN IN MY OFFICE!" I shouted, losing it completely with her.

She looked at me for a moment, before standing up and disappearing from the room.

Wilhelmina's POV

Libby.

Hearing the name cut through me at an excruciating rate, as if she'd just sliced out my heart with a dagger.

Libby. The name she'd called me all those years ago. The name she'd whispered to me when I laid in her arms. The name she'd call out when she came home. Libby. The name she'd sobbed when I left her. The name she screamed when I walked out of her door forever. Libby. The name that would forever cut me deep when I heard it.

My full name, Wilhelmina Libídine Venable was one heck of a mouthful to say, so she decided to shorten her favourite bit down to just "Libby". I pretended I hated it, but we both knew it was my favourite thing to be called.

I sat on my bed feeling a little lost, before her emotions seeped through my door once more and climbed into the bed, pulling the sheets over me and then holding my body, as my black tears soaked the pillows.

Quick hiii: Libídine means "lust" in Latin. I thought this was appropriate for Wilhelmina, considering what the backstory is, that you'll find out soon. Thank you for reading :)