29: Convenient Connivance (Loki)

A/N: I plan to finish #PLLockdown as soon as possible, so expect more updates! Well, we're near the end of this side story.

LOKI

I ABHOR boredom. I hated the idea of being stuck in a room with nothing to do. I'd appreciate this isolation if I had an interesting book to read or a case to ponder on. But I had neither of those stuff. I only had myself and my three colleagues.

We spent the night in the detention room. The tyrannical student council was kind enough to give us blankets to battle the cold. Sniff. They smelled like they haven't been washed and used for years. But we shouldn't complain anymore. At least they gave us something.

Alistair aligned some chairs that could serve as our beds. At around ten in the evening, we lay down already and talked about the game that we lost. I was certain that they had a lot of questions, especially when I told them that everything's going exactly as planned.

"Ano'ng ibig mong sabihin, Loki dear?"

"Is there anything that you need to tell us?"

For a moment, I was tempted to spill the beans, but I didn't want to spoil them about what's gonna happen next. No matter how hard Lorelei and Jamie tried to make me talk, I zipped my mouth shut. Only Alistair respected my silence, saying that he'd wait until I was ready to reveal to them what I meant.

So the night went by and it's morning again. At eight o'clock, we heard a series of knocks on our door. It slid open. A familiar bespectacled figure emerged from the doorway. Her eyeglasses gleamed with the sunlight permeating through our room's window.

"Good morning, little rebels," Margarette greeted us. "How's your first night of detention? Have you reflected on your actions and regretted the thought of rebelling against us?"

Jamie ran toward her and held her hands. "Maggie! We're very, very sorry for what happened last night! Nadala kami ng emosyon namin. Ewan, parang may masamang espiritu na sumanib sa amin. Pinagsisisihan na rin namin ang nangyari kagabi. Right, guys? Nagsisi na kayo, 'di ba? See? Kaya baka pwede n'yo na kaming pakawalan dito? Promise, magpapakabait na kami!"

Margarette gently removed Jamie's hands from hers. "I'm sorry, Jamie. A sorry isn't going to fix what you attempted to do last night. Dapat pinag-isipan n'yo muna ang consequences ng actions n'yo bago kayo nag-attempt na patalsikin kami. Now you have to learn that lesson the hard way."

"Baka pwedeng mala-house arrest na lang ang gawin n'yo sa amin? Doon kami sa units namin sa White Hostel. Kahit buong week n'yo kaming ikulong doon!"

"Oh, you're missing the comfort of your beds already? What a shame because you'd be staying here for nine more days."

"Maggie . . . !" Jamie's eyes welled up with tears. "Balewala na ba sa 'yo ang mga pinagsamahan natin sa execom?"

"Please huwag mo akong idaan sa ganyan," Margarette replied. "Baka gutom lang 'yan kaya dinalhan ko na kayo ng breakfast. Boys!"