10: Primary Suspect (Stein)

A/N: For today's update, we have a guest POV character: Stein Alberts! Is he really the one behind the raid in the grocery store?

STEIN

FOR NTH time, it's not me, okay?

"How many times do I have to repeat myself?" I sighed. "Wala akong kinalaman sa pag-raid sa grocery store!"

Ako na nga itong nagmamagandang loob na tumulong dahil may crisis, ako pa 'tong agad na mapagbibintangan. Cut me some slack, will yah? My only fault was leaving the store due to my upset stomach. Kasalanan ko bang nag-aalboroto ang tiyan ko?

Kung sanang nakabalik ako kaagad, baka walang nangyaring nakawan. Or maybe I also got tied with Loki in the stockroom. I mean, I don't have the strength to overpower anyone.

After finding out that the store was robbed of some supplies, my friends from the now-defunct QED Club brought me to a vacant room. They wanted to interrogate me! They were obviously suspecting me to be behind what happened. Whenever something not nice happens, I'm always suspect number one!

I tried to defend myself pero ayaw talaga nilang makinig sa akin. That's what happens when you deal with close-minded people. They have no room for arguments. Naka-set na ang utak nila sa kung ano'ng gusto nilang isipin.

"You are the only one who could have masterminded the raid," Loki argued. He sat across me, with fingers put together. Kaming dalawa lang ang naiwan sa interrogation room. His friends had to recount the supplies in the grocery store.

This is like those scenes in police procedurals where the detective is interrogating a suspect. Obviously he's on the spot of the detective while I'm on the spot of the suspect. And I'm being accused of a crime that I had no involvement or whatsoever.

"Bakit ba tuwing may nangyayaring masama, ako lagi ang number one suspect n'yo?" Napabuntong-hininga ako. Feeling ko minsan, may nakalagay sa ulo ko na "I am your suspect" sign.

"Because you are the most suspicious individual in the campus at the moment," Loki answered. "You took advantage of the fact that there were only five of us in that store. You found ways to separate us. That's how you managed to pull this off."

Ah, the ever suspecting Loki Mendez! He always amazes me whenever he get things right. But this time, he's wrong.

When I was a child, I didn't have many friends. Bilang lang sila sa daliri ko. Dalawa o tatlo lang yata. Ang ilan sa mga kakilala ko, binu-bully ako. Maybe that's what happens when you have something that they don't: intelligence, respect from my classmates and teachers, yada, yada. My friends may be few, but I'm lucky to have them because they're willing to defend me.

When I transfered to Clark High and heard about the great Loki Mendez, my first thought was to make him my playmate. He may look cold, harsh and boring for some, but I personally think that makes him an exceptional buddy.