16. Arsh - Haldi

SUMMER FLING

"I am telling you, if you don't make the arrangements properly then I am going to sue you", abhimanyu yelled at the worker who nodded his head being scared.

"Abhimanyu, why are you scaring that poor soul", jai laughed.

"Who are you?", Abhimanyu ask being dramatic and jai chuckled.

"Oh, so you don't remember me at all? I am not suprised, someone have his wife now then how will they even remember a poor soul like me", jai said and abhimanyu hit his head.

"Enough. Why didn't you come to my wedding?", abhimanyu asked.

"Bro, remember. I had to go with SRISTI for my apartment as she was drunk that night", jai said scratching his nape.

"Drunk?", abhimanyu cocked his brows.

"Yeah, I went to a bar nearby and she followed me and at last she ended up getting wasted because she drank whiskey thinking it was orange drink", he said.

"She is fine?", abhimanyu asked.

"Obviously. She is safe with me”, jai said being excited.

"Someone seems to be soo excited. between didn't she say that she likes modelling?", abhimanyu asked.

"No no, nothing like that between, she lied. She never wanted to go to modelling", jai said looking other way.

"You like her?", abhimanyu asked.

"It sounds more like a statement than a question", jai said and laughed.

"You know me better", abhimanyu said and turned towards the workers who were carrying the load's of flowers and sweets.

"She is someone that I was waiting for", jai whispered which abhimanyu heard and a small smile crept in his lips. He shook his head and went towards his room to check onto his wife.
_________

"Mumma, is that you? Can you tie this dori for me?", Drishti asked struggling with the dori of her blouse. Abhimanyu stiffened looking at her bare back.

His hands slowly moved her hairs aside and she giggled

His hands slowly moved her hairs aside and she giggled. "Mumma, why does you hand feel so manly? Just like abhimanyu's", the moment she said those words, she was pinned into the wall. Her breathe hitched looking at her husband who looked so hot in his yellow and white kurta.

 Her breathe hitched looking at her husband who looked so hot in his yellow and white kurta

"You look so hot", abhimanyu whispered. Drishti could feel her cheeks hot. Why does he always have that effect on me.

"Th-Thankyou", she stuttered. Oh God, what's wrong.

"Can I kiss you?", he asked. Before she could nod-

They heard a knock on the door. Abhimanyu groaned at the person's wrong timing.

"Whose that?", abhimanyu asked still having drishti in his arms.

"By your voice I can sense that I had disturbed your makeout session with your wife", jai said. Drishti pushed abhimanyu and opened the door.

"Jai", she hugged him tightly.

"Long time I didn't see you", she said pouting.

"I was busy drishu", he said Patting her cheeks. Jai could see Burning Abhimanyu and he laughed.

"What's the burning smell? By the way; Come guys, mom is calling you all", jai said and everyone went towards the garden area and soon the haldi ceremony started.

Everyone started applying haldi for anya and the left over haldi was sent to Darsh who was on the other side of the garden. There was a long curtain between them so that they couldn't see each other.

The haldi ceremony ended and everyone went to have Thier food.

Jai was having his golgappe when his phone rang.

"Srusti", it read. He looked at abhimanyu and jai slowly showed the screen. Abhimanyu nudged jai to pick up the phone. He went towards the rose pot on the other side and picked the call.

"Hello srusti-

"Jai, I need you-

And before she could say anything the call ended. He tried calling again but it didn't reach. He left the place after informing abhimanyu.

Soon, everyone ditched to Thier room getting ready for the mehendi night.

_______

• Drishti and Abhimanyu •