Chapter 9 - Wackiness with JNPR

"We're going on a trip! We're going on a trip! We're going-"

"-In our favourite rocket ship!"

"Hahah, exactly! We just need to get a hold of a Bullhead first though...Hey Ren, can we-"

"No Nora, you can't take Y/n with you outside of Beacon. Not on your own at least."

"Awwww...Well come with us then~"

"Nora..."

It was a quiet morning in Beacon. The halls were silent, birds were chirping pleasant tunes and a gentle breeze ruffled the tree tops.

Until Nora woke up. 

She did so with purpose, too. She wanted to spend some time with the cute resident Dragon Faunus.

All these past weeks, all of her other friends and acquaintances got given the chance to look after and spend some time with Y/n. But not her. 

It was almost as if Glynda was purposefully keeping Y/n away from Nora. But that would be just preposterous. Or so thought the energetic redhead, at least.

Everyone else already knew Glynda was doing her damn best to keep Nora away from Y/n, fearing of the disaster waiting to occur.

As luck would have it though, she failed at her task today. Well, rather, she had no other choice given the fact she had to deal with paperwork, RWBY was apparently out in Vale on 'important girl business' while Velvet, Fox and Yatsuhashi were also busy with schoolwork.

There was Coco, but for some reason the brunette kept vanishing for hours on end.

Glynda did think to leave her nephew with Ozpin, seeing as the two were on friendly enough terms and she trusted the Headmaster to keep Y/n in line. But at the same time, Ozpin was the Headmaster and as such also had plenty of work to deal with, which would undoubtedly cause great boredom to the energetic Faunus.

Thus, Glynda's choice was all but made for her when Nora popped up at her door step. 

Hesitant was an understatement, but the bespectacled teacher decided to put her trust into Nora's teammates, to keep both the redhead and Y/n in line.

The young boy on the other hand was already on Nora's shoulders, zooming around the dorm together, before his Aunt had even agreed to let them look after him.

'Gods, please don't let this be a mistake...' thought a worried Glynda, before she turned to the other three and gave them the most 'no-nonsense' stare she could muster.

They all understood her message loud and clear, nodding so fast their heads could've flown off their shoulders.

We now find ourselves here, walking down Beacon's mostly desolate hallways alongside Team JNPR and little Y/n, as they head toward the cafeteria.

While Ren was trying to reign in his childhood friend, Pyrrha and Jaune wondered what today's plan would look like.

"We're gonna have to take Y/n with us to classes, aren't we?"

"Most likely, yes. We shouldn't leave him alone after all. Thankfully we only have a few lectures with Oobleck, so it shouldn't get too boring for Y/n."

"I'll bring some of my comic books just in case."

"For once, I encourage you to do that. Just in case." the two shared a small laugh, knowing there was a high chance Y/n would get bored of Oobleck's ramblings.

The quiet laughing still caught the attention of the little dragon though, who proceeded to snake his way off Nora's shoulders and unto Pyhrra's back.

"What are you laughing about, Big Sis?"