Chapter 2: Meeting JNPR & a recipe for disaster

It was an intense stare off.

Well, it was only (Y/n) that was doing the staring, but it was surprisingly intense for a nine year old.

Coco, the one the receiving end of the stares, found herself more affected by said stare than should've been normal. But she shrugged it off easily enough after a second or two, bending down to the child's level.

"(Y-Y/n) darling, you know I was just kidding right? I promise I don't bite. O-Or eat children.."

"..Mmmhhh..."

Coco attempted to reason with the child, but it proved futile.

As she watched on, a small sigh escaped Velvet's lips. She then picked up little Y/n, securing him in her arms before giving him a bright smile.

"Alright (Y/n), how about you and I go down to the cafeteria and get you some breakfast, hm~? We can talk more about how it was wrong of Coco to just yank you away from me like that, while we eat~"

Her answer came in the form of a nod, causing Coco's eyes to widen while her sunglasses almost fell off her nose.

"E-Eh?! Come on Velv, I just got a little too excited that's all!" the brunette was understandably in a state of disbelief and wanted to defend herself.

Unfortunately, she got no audible answer from her fellow teammate. Instead, she got a simple short shrug as the rabbit faunus headed toward the door.

With that, Velvet left the dorm room with (Y/n) in her arms.

"..." Staring blankly into the room, Coco turned to her remaining teammates. "You guys know I wasn't going to do anything to the little guy, right?"

Yatsuhashi shrugged lightly.

"I'm not going to put the blame on anyone, but you should remember children do not like being yanked away like that by strangers-"

"-Also you went full fangirl. Never go full fangirl, woman-" Fox interrupted to quickly give his own two cents, before returning to playing a game on his scroll.

"- and Fox's poorly timed joke also didn't help." the large young man shot a quick stern look toward his teammate, who ignored it completely. He then looked back at Coco. "I've noticed it in his eyes, he likely feels very out of his element here."

Hearing that, Coco's eyes once again opened wider than usual, as she remembered what Ozpin told the students at the landing pad.

"Aww, damn. I totally forgot about that. Ozpin told us when he first arrived that he wasn't used to being around others anymore. Way to go, Coco..."

Nodding his head in understanding, Yatsuhashi stood up from the couch.

"Give Y/n some space for the moment. Allow Velvet to get him comfortable around here first. I have faith she'll be able to do that quickly enough, and after that, you can try to get off on the right foot with Y/n again."

And with that final piece of advice, the giant student left the common room to tend to his own business, leaving Coco and Fox alone.

"...Well, I guess I'll just go out for a bit. Since we got no classes today, might as well use the free time. Maybe I can see if I can get something for (Y/n) as an apology for scaring him."

"Careful not to overdo it though- *ploof*"

"I kinda like you more when you don't talk Fox." Coco was having no more of Fox's one-liners and quickly shut the young man up with a pillow to the face.

She then turned on her heels and went to get dressed, as Fox removed the pillow from his face with a barely audible sigh.

~In le cafeteria~