Chapter 12 Plague.In-?

"Alright sweetie, let's take it one more time from the top."

'Not again...'

.

.

"I stand by what I said the other day. I pity the little guy..." - Yang

"I have to agree, this seems a little much. Even my tutors went at a slower pace..." -Weiss

"Ohh, come on buddy you can do it! Don't let those numbers beat you!" -Ruby

"Ren, you think this qualifies as child abuse?" - Nora

"I'm...not sure..?" - Ren

"Should we tell her she's pushing him a bit much...or just kidnap him ourselves so he can finally have a break?" - Pyrrha

"Wait, she still wants him to answer that??" - Jaune

"Sounds like it. I think he's starting to just give answers at random at this point." 

Miss Belladonna could not be more right.

They all found themselves in Glynda's class early in the morning, except this time she swiftly gave them one assignment to work on for the rest of class before she sat herself and her nephew at her desk and opened a rather thick book, which she placed in front of Y/n.

It seems the little dragon fell behind on his studies, and thus we find ourselves about an hour later, with Glynda trying for the 10th time to help her nephew solve the same math problem, said nephew staring blankly at the page.

She had to admit....even she was starting to feel her brain going numb. But she was determined to have him finish this page today. It was the last problem in the book after all!

...For what reason she was making Y/n study 8th grade equations at the age of 9, nobody could tell. All they knew is that they didn't fault the young boy for having seemingly stopped thinking altogether.

As if by a stroke of miracle, the bell rang at that very moment causing Glynda to release a small sigh.

"Alright, break time then."

-fwiipp

[-?] 

As soon as Glynda closed the math book and removed it from Y/n's face, the young boy planted his face on top of the solid oak wood desk and proceeded to roll off.

From there, he continued to roll toward the student stands, up the stairs, to the right and stopped at the feet of a very specific student.

"Bun-Buuuun..heeeeeellpp...!"

"Oh you poor thing"

Hearing his wheezing voice, as if on the brink of death, Velvet sweatdropped and immediately picked up the little faunus, whose body all but flopped limply around in her grasp.

She looked with pity at the young faunus. For all intents and purposes, he looked like his brain had melted.

She case an unsure gaze at Glynda, debating what to do in this situation.

Off to the side, the bespectacled teacher noticed Velvet's look and sweatdropped. Perhaps she has been pushing her nephew a little too hard in his studies as of late. 

Sighing to herself, she took off her glasses and rubbed the bridge of her nose for a moment, before looking back up at the faunus and raising eight fingers for her to see.

The young woman's eyes widened briefly in recognition before they glistened with happiness.

By now Glynda and Velvet were able to communicate through mere hand signs when it came to Y/n. Of course this was a privilege only Velvet had, having become nothing short of the boy's second caretaker.