Chapter 23: Insecure

*I PUBLISHED A SNEAK PEEK OF THE NEXT BOOK SO MAKE SURE TO GO TO MY PROFILE AND CHECK IT OUT! I would really appreciate any comments/feedback/predictions you guys have for it!*

The next morning, I wake up exhausted. Mia was released from the hospital, and we decided that it would be best if she stayed with me. I knew what happened to her was terrible, but I didn't expect this.

Flashback to the night before

I slowly start to wake up when I feel Mia squirming in my arms. I look down at her tiredly to see her moving around a lot.

"Baby? What are you doing sweetheart?" I whisper hoarsely.

I hear her whimper, "Baby?" I ask once again.

When she doesn't answer I Carley flip her around so she's facing me, and what I see breaks my heart. Mia is still sleeping but she is trembling with tears running down her face.

I frown and try to softly wake her up.

"Come back to me baby."

She wakes up with a scream, "N-no! G-g-get away from m-me! I-I don't like the w-w-water! P-please n-no!"

I quickly grab Mia into my arms and start rubbing her back as she takes a while to finally settle down and go back to sleep.

Flashback over

It was a rough night. It just broke my heart to see her like that. I look down at her as she paints my nails while sitting on my lap.

I'm a whipped motherfucker.

All she has to do was show me those big puppy eyes and I melted. Some mafia leader I am.

Currently, Mia is cuddled into me as we watch Enchanted once again and Tangled.

All of a sudden I hear a sniffle, and I look down to see Mia crying.

I quickly pick her up so she is straddling me on my lap, "What's wrong Mia?"

"Giselle i-is so p-p-pretty, and I-I'm not b-because of my s-s-scars."

I frown down at her feeling my heart clench, "Baby you are beautiful my pretty girl."

She starts sobbing and shaking her head repeating the word 'no' over and over again.

I quickly pick her up and carry her to our room gently laying down with her on top of me.

"Look at me sweetheart," I whisper softly to her.

She snuggles closer to me and slowly looks up at me, and the view breaks my heart. With her eyes red and puffy, and her eyes showing sadness and pain she sniffles again.

I lightly tuck a piece of hair behind her ears, "Baby, there is no reason to feel insecure. You might not like those scars, but you will learn to love them. Of course it's terrible that someone caused you this much pain, but you survived my pretty girl, and that is amazing. The scars show how brave and strong you were and are. I think that is way more beautiful than any princess, because you are the only princess for me. I love you so much, and I want you to know that those scars change nothing about how I view you. I still see the pretty, caring, amazing sweet girl that I met 8 months ago. So, you are so beautiful, si?"

She looks at me with with so much hope, "S-si Dami." She whispers, slowly moving her head in between my neck and shoulder. I hear her whisper an 'I love you' before she slowly falls asleep.

Once she woke up from that much needed nap, we decided to go to the garden together, but obviously the annoying fucker called Gabe decided to show up and ruin my mood.

"WHATS UP MY PEEPS!" I hear as I watch Mia water the flowers.

I groan and turn around narrowing my eyes at the fucker, "Shut the fuck up."

His eyes show amusement but they slowly turn into puppy eyes and he pouts, "Mia! Your boyfriend told me to shut the duck up! But with the bad word!"

I hear a small gasp behind me, "Dami! No being a m-meanie!"

I glare at Gabe as he cheekily smiles at me, "Sorry bambina."

She giggles and then runs to Gabe giving him a big hug, and Gabe sticks out his tongue at me over Mia's head.

I flip him off and grab Mia's waist bringing her to stand in front of me.

"What are you doing here fuc-idiot?" I quickly change as I see a tiny glare from Mia.

"Decided to see my bestie cupcake over here." He said cheekily smiling at me again.

I roll my eyes, "Out."

Mia shakes her head, "N-No! I wanna show Gabe m-my flowers!"

I narrow my eyes at the ground, "Fine."

Gabe mouths to me, "Fuck you sucker."

I glare at him as he follows Mia around as she babbles on about her flowers.

Later that night, when the annoying fucker finally leaves Mia and I have some chicken tenders and friend for dinner per her request, and then we head off to bed as she snuggles into me eventually ending up on top of me in her sleep

• • •
The next morning...

As I finish making breakfast I feel tiny hands grab my shirt. I turn around and smile down at Mia who has her face under my shirt.

I chuckle, "What are you doing bambina?"

"You're warm a-and comfy," she says yawning.

I smile and let her be as I turn around with her still under my shirt as I plate our food.

I walk to the couch with her feet on mine as I walk. As I sit she climbs onto my lap, still under my shirt.

I try to stifle my laugh, "Come on pretty girl we have to eat."

She whines but eventually huffs and peaks her head out of the top of my shirt.

"I-I'll eat from here...p-please."

I smile down at her, "Ok baby."

She giggles, "Y-you will have to feed me because I have no h-hands."

I laugh too, "Sounds good gorgeous."

She blushes and goes back under my shirt, "S-stop making me blush!"

I take the food in my hands, "Come back out of there otherwise I will eat everything."

I hear a tiny gasp and then she pops back out of the head hole in my shirt. I chuckle at her and she babbles on about anything and everything as I just watch her as she smiles and giggles through her words.

My girl is back.

——————-
IM SO SORRY I HAVE NOT UPDATED IN A WHILE!!! I have been so busy with school between tests and quarterlies and I feel so bad omg! Hopefully now that quarterlies are ending I will have more time on my hands to update for you guys!

I'm not sure how many chapters are left, but maybe 8-10? Or possibly less or more! I am super excited for the next book after this though!

****Also let me know if you guys ever want a book on Gabe possibly! I think it could be cute, but it's up to you guys!****

Remember to comment your thoughts and vote!

See you guys soon!
-A

Words - 1184

*UNEDITED*