~ Chapter 1 ~

Third Person

Two weeks. That's all it took for them to turn on their hero. Two weeks, no more and no less. Two weeks for everyone to go from loving to hateful. Two weeks for everything he's done since he was twelve to go down the drain. Two weeks for all of the memories and moments to be nothing but ash. Two weeks for nothing to matter to them but him dying and leaving. Two weeks of Percy Jackson slowly and not being able to do anything about it.

~ Two weeks ago ~

A scream. A scream is what ruined his peaceful day and had him jumping to his feet. A boy with fair skin, pale blue eyes, and black hair. He looked about 17 years ago. He rounded with terror-fueled eyes from six hellhounds closely on his trail. Percy ran to meet the group and pushed the boy behind him. With Percy's training and experience, the hellhounds were nothing but a pile of dust a minute and a half later.

Percy turned around to check on the boy when he was pushed in the back of his knees sending him and Riptide to the ground. Before Percy could figure out what happened, Riptide was grabbed from beside him and he heard running coming from camp. Percy turned around to see the campers and Chiron looking at the scene in front of them.

"Why are you holding Percy's sword?" Chiron asked.

"He saw me coming up the hill and threw the sword telling me to handle the big dogs while he sat on the ground and watched," the boy answered boastfully.

Chiron, the seven, Grover, Rachel, Reyna, Will, Nico, Thalia, and a few others looked at the boy skeptically. They knew something was wrong. First, the boy is in front of Percy and Percy was facing the direction of the dead hellhounds or "big dogs." Second, Percy wouldn't do that to anyone, enemy or not. While Percy's friends know that he wouldn't do that to anyone, the newer demigods looked at Percy with disbelief and anger.

"What's your name?" Annabeth asked.

"Marcus. Marcus Smith," the boy, Marcus answered.

Chiron nodded and motioned for the boy to follow them. As soon as they stepped across the border, Zeus claimed his son. All of the campers, Percy, Thalia, and Nico being the exception bowed to the boy. As Marcus was eating up the respect he felt was given, he turned to Percy and raised a brow.

"Why are you not bowing?" Marcus snarked.

Percy scoffed, "I bow to people I respect. You've done nothing to earn my respect."

Percy walked off to his cabin not knowing that in the next two weeks his life was about to change, for the worse.

~ Two weeks later ~

Percy stared at the mirror with tears flowing down his eyes. He looked at the blue veins that were protruding from his skin. They caused him to look and feel weak and sickly. He hated to look at his skin because it showed the truth. He was in pain. His fatal flaw was proving to be just that, fatal. Percy was slowly dying. As more and more people continued to turn on him the blue spread closer and closer to his heart.

In the last few days, he only had Nico, Thalia, Leo, and Annabeth. Everyone else left him including Sally, Paul, and Chiron. Chiron just stopped talking to Percy and never tried to stand up for him again. It was like he was invisible. Sally and Paul asked Percy not to come back because they didn't want to put their newborn son and daughter in danger.

It was maybe a week after Marcus had come. Percy's veins were starting to change but it wasn't that painful. He wanted a break from camp for a while to see his mom and Paul. It had been a while since he had seen them and he missed them. When he finally made it to his mom's apartment, he felt relieved.