~ Chapter 10 ~

Neander's POV

When we got back to the camp, I hurried to the cabin before anyone could try to talk to me. I was about to go to the gym when someone grabbed my arm and dragged me into my room. I turned around to see Luke looking at me with... disappointment?

"Neander. You can't keep overworking yourself. Work out tomorrow, just give your body and mind rest for tonight," he said.

I sighed and nodded. He was about to leave the room when I stopped him.

"Do you need something?" he asked.

"Um... I just wanted to know if you would keep me company tonight. I don't want to be alone," I said, blushing a bit.

"Sure, as long as I'm the pillow pet," he smirked.

I laughed and went to the bathroom to change. When I came back Luke was laying down watching a movie. I turned out the lights and got into bed. It was quiet for a while before I spoke.

"Hey, Luke?"

"Yeah."

"Do you think things will ever get easier?"

"I believe that after this everything will be calm for a while."

"I hope so," I sighed, "good night Luke."

"Good night, Neander."

~ The next morning ~

I woke up to the sound of squealing and a camera shutter. I tried to get up but an arm was stopping me.

"Why do we have to wake up so early?" Luke murmured.

"I don't know," I answered.

"You guys are so cute," Silena yelled.

I huffed, pushed Luke's arm off me, and hauled myself to the bathroom.

"Make sure everyone's ready so I can announce their training schedule at breakfast," I said to Luke and Silena.

After getting dressed I headed downstairs where everyone was waiting. Iapetus and Zoe were talking. Silena, Beckendorf, and Bianca were laughing at something. Luke saw me coming down the stairs and rushed to me.

"Can't we go back to sleep for an hour or two," he whined.

I shook my head. I gathered everyone and we headed to breakfast. When we arrived everyone stared at us like normal.

"Training is going to be different than you're used to. Archers will be with Zoe. The Hephaestus and Hermes cabin will switch between physical training and working in the forge with Charles. Silena will teach charm speaking, and daggers with Hazel. Swords will be with Luke and me. If you use any other weapons, on the days that Charles is not in the forge you'll work with him other than that go into whatever group you see fit. All campers will train but campers under 12 will not fight. We have a month to prepare, so we're going to be working you harder than you've ever worked. To be nice your training starts tomorrow right after breakfast to lunch then in between lunch and dinner. You will be able to rest two, sometimes three days out of the week," I informed.

The campers groaned and protested about it being too much work but I didn't listen to any of it. They're at war. It's going to be hard work. I left them complaining and went to get the plans ready for the actual battle.

Luke's POV

I listened as the campers protested Neander's plan. I'll admit that it's a lot of work for them but it's not as bad as our schedule. Even after Percy left, they screamed at Chiron about how all this work wasn't fair.