~ Chapter 16 ~

~ Day 7 ~

( Fight scenes are fun to watch and read but for some reason, they're hard to write. Anyway, bear with me for this next part. )

The next morning the campers woke up before dawn. They ate breakfast and started the plan. Everyone got dressed and had their weapons ready. The Hephaestus, Hermes, and Dionysus cabins set up traps for the enemy.

Once the traps were set, the Apollo cabin and healers made sure that the infirmary was stocked and the children under 12 would be fine in the Big House. The campers went about their day naturally and stayed prepared to run/fight at a moment's notice.

Then, they heard it, the horn. Everyone rushed into their groups and headed to the barrier or the Big House. The Elites walked to the border to see Kronos and a group of monsters behind him.

"Something is not right," Neander whispered.

"PERSEUS JACKSON!," Kronos bellowed.

Neander walked towards the group and motioned for only Zoe to come with him.

"What do you want?" Neander asked.

"I want you to take your men and leave."

"And why would I do that? Scared you can't defeat me?"

Kronos growled and screamed, "NOW!"

A monster shot something at Zoe and Neander. They collapsed to the ground spasming. The Elite began to run toward them but it was too late, Kronos grabbed Neander and flashed away.

"NO," Luke screamed.

The Elite and Apollo made it to Zoe and saw she had just passed out. Bianca and Silena took Zoe to their cabin with Apollo following while Charles tried to get Luke out of his shock. He stood staring at the spot Neander was and didn't move.

"Luke. Come on man. Snap out of it. We'll find him."

"But what if it's too late?" What will we do?"

Before Beckendorf could answer, two teary-eyed kids crashed into Luke's legs. Luke bent down to hug the twins trying not to cry.

"Don't worry. We'll find him. I promise," he said calmly.

Luke and Beckendorf took the twins to the Big House to say a livid Chaos and Gaea. They saw Luke and twins and softened a bit.

"What happened?" Chaos demanded.

They explained what happened and Chaos sighed while Gaea looked furious.

"We can't find him. It's like that all over again," Chaos said.

"Kronos took everything from me. When we meet again, he's dead," Luke said with barely contained fury.

"Luke calm down," Gaea said.

Luke stood up and took the twins, leaving the room.

"Be strong," Luke murmured.

~ With Neander ~

For Neander, it had already been a week of torture with Kronos. He was done and ready to give up.

"Will you give in now?" Kronos asked, delivering a punch to the side of his head.

Neander didn't answer and Kronos kept punching.

"Why are you protecting people who had so many doubts about you that you ended up being exiled to Tartarus?"

"I don't know," Neander thought to himself.

"Be strong," he heard Luke say in his head.

Neander closed his eyes and thought of Chaos, Order, End, the other primordials, Silena, Charles, Zoe, Bianca, Luke, Aaron, and Astra and broke through his chains. Kronos looked at him wide-eyed.

"How-how did you?"

Neander glared at Kronos then sent a beam of pure light at him. He left the room and walked around the base killing monsters as he went. He finally found the exit and walked out to see he was in Iceland. Feeling dizzy, he thought of the first thing he could.

Luke.