The Calm before the Storm

Later that night y/n's POV:

Everyone is sitting around the campfire telling stories as I stare up at the starts. "Hey, little lady do you have a power or something?" Asked Garret.

Smirking I make a sword out of flames and swing it around before letting it reduce to smoke. Garret's eyes widen as a smile spreads across his face " So the little lady controls fire huh" Garret chuckles.

Smiling I go and check on Bella and Renesmee in their tent. "How is Renesmee doing Bella?" I whisper, "She's a little nervous, but other than that she's doing alright" bella hums caressing Renesmee's head.

"I may have just met you, but I will do everything in my power to protect Renesmee" I say my eyes never leaving hers. "Thank you y/n, I'm forever in your dept." she mumbles. I smile and exit the tent walking towards my brother by the fire.

Sitting down next to him I push him off the log and stick my tongue out at him. Snickering, he pulls me down making me fall off the log making me gasp.
Cracking up, me and him roughhouse around the fire while the others cheer for one of us making sure to not wake Renesmee.

The roughhousing ends with me and Rowley being put in a headlock by Victor making us pout. He drags us to our seats as everyone smiles or chuckles at our antics.

Everyone continues talking about past wars and rebellions they've fought, with a few making us laugh at the nostalgia.

Rowley tells everyone about our experience in the Nine Years War. Some of the younger vampires were surprised by our age, and all the things we've seen. All in all we had all lost our sense of dread for the coming day, as the night and early morning were spend laughing and storytelling.

I had spent quite some time thinking on if things turned out for the worst. The only Major thing weighing on my mind was if Jane would be there to welcome me in passing. This is all I can hope when it comes to my demise as she's my reason for continuing.

Once the sun had risen Bella had awoken Renesmee and we started to walk to the open field. Along the way we had all stayed close to our covers in silence as if preparing for death. Most of us held each others hand, like a farewell if things go wrong. As they some would say, this is the calm before the storm.

The closer we had gotten to the field the more a familiar scent grew. I was about to sprint ahead to see if I was imaging things, but Edward held me back. "Y/n I need you and your family to stay in the woods as a last resort in case things go wrong" I was about to oppose, but Rowley agreed before I could.

Edward's POV:

If y/n finds out that Jane is with the Volturi she might change sides. I know it's selfish of me, but if it's for Renesmee ill risk y/n's rage. Besides, she'll understand my predicament eventually, right?

Y/n's POV :

When the Volturi arrived the scent had grown stronger, and it took everything in me to not run towards the scent.

Edward's POV:

"Mommy can Auntie walk me, I feel safer with her?" I heard Renesme ask Bella. "Bella that's-" Bella cuts me off and calls the young Hatter over to walk them to me and the Volturi. I can't help but curse in my head when I see Jane's eyes widen and her body stiffen.