18. Truth Untold ll (Edited)

I was awake but i was not able to peel my eyes open. I had no energy to even lift my arm. I was able to hear voices around me but they were not clear.
I again welcomed darkness.

This time when I woke up, i was able to open my eyes easily but my head was aching. I slowly opened my eyes but shut again due to the sudden brightness and I groaned. Suddenly all the voices quietened.

"Sweety, are you okay?" It was dad. He was on my right side.

I opened my eyes and met his concerned gaze.

I went to speak yes but my throat was so dry that i was not able to speak anything.

Noah came to my aid on my left side and adjusted my bed. Then he gave me water with a straw.
I drank the water greedily. Once I was done I handed the glass back to Noah with a small smile and thank you.

I was now aware of my surroundings and everyone were present here.
I looked at myself and i was covered in bandages. I was suddenly anxious and all what happened came to my mind.

I told them everything.

I now looked at them and only silence lingered in the atmosphere. Nobody knew how to start a conversation. From what I think they all were so shocked. Who won't be shocked after seeing someone with an ankle and whip lashes on the back with bruises all over the body.

I turned to Noah and asked, " My ankle? " I hope it's not something serious.

He smiled reassuringly and said, "There's a sprain but it could have been worse if not treated on time and i was surprised you were walking with so much pain."

I didn't comment on the second part and asked, " How much time will it take to heal? "

"It will take atleast 2 weeks to heal and then you can freely walk but till then you have to be careful and try to put less strain on it."

I nodded and looked down.

"Sweety, why didn't you tell us earlier that you were hurting? " Dad asked finally after silence.

"I don't trust you guys. " I said looking down not meeting his eyes.

" I'm sorry Liz. " Dad said and sighed.

They are sorry because they can't keep a broken teenager in their house.

"No please don't apologize and don't worry I'll leave as soon as my ankle will heal and will not bother you again. Thank you so much for feeding me and treating my wounds." I said as tears filled my eyes.

"NO WAY YOU'RE LEAVING US" This time Dustin spoke actually yelled and I was surprised would be an understatement.
I lifted my head and looked at him.

"Why do you think that we'll let you leave and suffer. We are your family and you are our family." Dad said.

"But who would want a broken girl like me. You'll eventually get tired of me. " I said. Today everything I think I'll say. I won't back out again.

"We are here for you El and it's impossible that we'll ever get tired of you. You are our little sister. We'll help you heal your wounds. We'll make you forget those horrible memories." Ethan said.

I chuckled sadly, "I'm broken beyond repair. " Tears slipped from my eyes.

"You haven't seen the power of familia Liz." Twins said together.

"I'll not spare those two who hurted my daughter" Dad said.

Suddenly the air shifted and became heavy.

"Liz were there only that Sam and Mike who abused you? " Noah asked.

I suddenly remembered the flashbacks again.
New set of tears welled up in my eyes.

I shook my head as no.

I can't be weak again.

"Some...sometimes Mik..mike's friends al..also joi...joined him wh..while beat...beating me." I choked out.

Everyone's jaw were clenched.

They were furious.

"Liz look at me and answer me no one is going to harm you again and we all are never going to leave you again." Ethan came to me and held my hands.

I looked at him and he continued.

"Di- Did they ever touched you?" He was nervous. All were nervous.

I nodded and sobbed.

His grip tightened on my hands.

He continued again.

"Did they ever-"

I know what he was about to ask and a particular memory flashed before my eyes.

I immediately shook my head and started rambling.

"N-No. They almost rapp..rapped me bu-but no..no..they didn't we-went th-there but once they were dr-drunk and almo...almost did but..but they pas..passed out."

I was now having a panic attack and Dustin punched in the wall. Twins had tears in their eyes. All others were shocked and furious.

Dad immediately hugged me and tried to calm me down. I don't know what was happening to me. Although I felt safe but my heart rate was not in control. It was getting difficult to breathe.

I don't know what is happening to me.  Those memories are the worst memories of my life. That night was horrible. I was trying to not cry and calm down but nothings working.

I was in my dad's embrace. He was whispering sweet words in my ear. All were now concerned. Noah came and carefully gave me an injection.
I was crying hysterically.

Suddenly something came in me mind.
Samuel is alive and he'll definitely come after me.

With this I guess the injection started working and now I my breath was getting stable. I was now drifting to darkness.

I welcomed the darkness not before hearing dad say

"I'm sorry Liz I gave up on finding you earlier. But now that you are back in my family, no one is going to hurt you. Me and your brothers are going to protect you till our last breath."