31. The Past (Edited)

My mind was swirling with questions. I want so many answers. I don't think I'll live here, with them after everything is told. But let's see.

All were looking at me and i only asked the question which struck my mind first.
"How did mum died?"

All were taken aback for a second. Not expecting this question. I didn't falter and kept my gaze clear. I was adamant on finding answers today.

"Honey, we will discuss that topic lat-" Dad was cut off by Ryan.

"No dad, don't hide anything" He said in a serious tone which made me gulp.

Dad sighed.

"You were just 1 year old when this incident happen. We were in an annual Mafia ball. Only you, your mother, and Ryan went with me. It was supposed to be like previous balls. But one of my enemies attacked the ball and at that time we were unarmed. We were not supposed to carry arms with us. One of my enemies put everyone in danger just to attack me.
I can never forget that day. For the first time in my life I was scared. I told your mother to take you somewhere safe. Your mother held you tightly in her arms and fled from there. We were not in Italy that time. I don't know what happened but your mother was found de-dead next day when I tried to find you guys. We were not able to locate you. We had hoped that you'll be alive somewhere. But as days passed, we were not able to find your whereabouts."

He had tears in his eyes. Now noticing not only him but my brothers also had tears in their eyes and i was full on crying.

"Since you told that you were with your aunt, I guess your mother gave you to her to keep you hidden. Believe me Or not liz, your mother was against my mafia business when you were born. You became too precious for us. Your brothers vowed to never leave you and always protect you. And yeah, end of the story, your aunt kept you well hidden from us."

He was very sad. He was on the verge of breakdown.

My mind was blank. I didn't know what else to think or ask.

"I know Sweety, it's hard to digest but please talk to us. Don't overthink." Ethan said concerning.

"I-I killed my au-aunt. She was protecting me." I'm missing her more now.

"It's not true." Dad said but before I could ask what he meant, Ethan spoke.

"Don't worry sweety, you have is now" Ethan said.

I just looked down.

The air around me was still very emotional type. All were silent.

I sucked in a breathe and prepared my next question.

"Do yo-you guys are re-really involved with ma-mafias? "
Shit... I stuttered again.

Instead of answering my question straightforward, I saw Ryan smirk a little.

"We're not INVOLVED with Mafia Dear, WE'RE the Mafias. I'm the Mafia King after Dad" Ryan said in a tone which sent shivers down my spine.

Dad smacked Ryan a little on his arm which was actually funny.
"Don't scare her." He ordered.

"After we thought we lost you and your mum both, everything changed here. Ryan no longer had someone whom he can protect while playing in backyard. Ethan had no lil sister to feed. Dustin had no one to whom he can read stories and books during night. And Noah and Twins had no one to hide behind when you guys were being mischievous." Dad said.

"And me, I lost not only the love of my life but you also, my princess, my purpose of living." He added.

I can't help but ask this innocently to boys.

"Were not you guys jealous that I was used to receive more love? "

Everyone chuckled.

"We were used to fight on whose going to spend time with you." Dustin said dreamily like reliving his memories.

"I don't remember much since I was small but I clearly remember when dad told us that we lost you and mum. I was devastated." He added.

"You were very precious to everyone that the love and care and we gave you was not enough." Dad added.

"Umm.... So what happened to the person who was responsibils for the choas and attack at the ball? " I asked a little scared.

Suddenly atmosphere became dark and heavy. Very dangerous aura was surrounding me.

"We tracked him" Dustin said.

"We made him lose his built empire" Ethan said.

"We took him" Noah said.

"We beat him" Twins said.

"And we tortured him to death" Ryan said.

"Enough. Yoou guys are again scaring her" Dad said.

What he said was true. I was scared to core.

Dad sighed.

"Eliza, please I'm begging you, don't be scared of us. We'll kill ourselves before we think to hurt you or let anyone hurt you.
After you came back, Ryan has smiled again, Ethan is more cheerful, Dustin is again opening up, Noah is not conserved anymore and Twins are more enthusiastic."

"We again apologize that you had to go through all this. What Samuel and that Mike did was something I can't forget and forgive." Dad said.

Now this was something which caught my attention.

But before I could say anything, Ryan got up and said,
"We have a surprise for you"

I was confused and looked at dad. He was also silent.

I also got up and Ryan went ahead of me. I followed him and rest were following me.

I see in which direction he was going.

Downstairs
Basement
Restricted area 'for me atleast'

They are going to kill me.

I hesitated a little bit and took God's name and continued.

We descended the stairs and I suddenly heard a whimper. Now this got me curious.

Ryan was opening the lock of the door.

He pulled the handle and opened the door for me and rest behind me. I shakily entered. It was dark in here. Once I was inside the room, switch was flicked on.

I adjusted to the surroundings and saw three people hung on chains covered in blood.

It was hard to recognise bit how can I forget his face.

I gasped loudly, not expecting him seeing here. I stepped back and bumped into Noah.

"Samuel? "