T H E K I L L I N G M O O N

Under blue moon, I saw youSo soon you'll take meUp in your arms, too late to beg youOr cancel it, though I know it must beThe killing timeUnwillingly mine

So soon you'll take me
Up in your arms, too late to beg you
Or cancel it, though I know it must be
The killing time
Unwillingly mine

~ Echo & the Bunnymen

Olive cleared her throat nervously as she unlocked the front door, flicked the lightswitch and led the guys in one after the other who scrutinized their surroundings sceptically. She had to hold back a small laugh, they looked horrendously out of place amongst the floral wall paper, frilly cushions and cute knick knacks that her mom had presented all over the place proudly after numerous trips to the local pawn shop where Olive thought she had been completely ripped off by the owner at the price her mom paid. But she seemed to love them.

Belch and Vic kicked off their sneakers and boots, and Olive had to appreciate the boys manners. It gave her an insight into their own upbringing, in contrast to Patrick who didn't spare a second thought at his own dirty Dr Martens which trailed dry mud and gravel across the cream carpet of the living room. And no doubt Henry who, if he hadn't made it abundantly clear how little he cared for his own home, would have been apparent by the poor maintenance and dankness of it.

"Nice pad you got here." Belch spoke and Vic nodding in agreement. Pat didn't seem phased by any of it and walked through the house as if he owned the place. If they didn't know any better, all three of them would say he lived there. Olive raised a brow as he walked into the kitchen and immediately delved into the fridge, pulling ham out of the packet and eating it as it was, much to her disgust. Vic and Belch both sat themselves awkwardly on the plush, cream sofa, unsure of their surroundings.

"Do- do you guys want a drink or anything?" Olive stood there, playing with a loose thread at the end of her sleeve, unsure of how to play hostess. She wasn't used to having so many people in her home, especially her high school bullies turned... friends? A part of her was just thankful that Patrick had turned his ravenous behaviour on to the contents of her fridge as she heard him gulping orange juice from the kitchen behind her.

Vic and Belch looked over their shoulders at her.

"Uh, sure. What you got?"

"There's lemonade or cans of pepsi?" As if to emphasise her point, Patrick cracked open his own can of pepsi, staring into the girl's back like a predator. The other two guys looked between them, feeling slightly unwelcome and somewhat grateful that the other was there to save either of them from third wheeling.

"Pepsi for me."

"Yeah pepsi thanks."

Olive hesitated before heading through the archway into the kitchen to fetch their drinks. She had to admire how well behaved they seemed without their ringleader being present. In fact, she didn't think she'd ever spent time with any of them without Henry Bowers being there to rile them up and get them in on his violent antics. They seemed a bit lost without him, like they didn't really know what to do with themselves. It was an amusing thought to say the least.