F A L L S E M E S T E R

You're all on your own and you lost all your friendsYou told yourself that it's not you, it's themYou're one of a kind and no one understandsBut those cry baby tears keep coming back again

You told yourself that it's not you, it's them
You're one of a kind and no one understands
But those cry baby tears keep coming back again

~ Melanie Martinez

When Sarah Vickers's almond eyes broke from her group of friends as they all spoke and giggled together, gossiping about the goings on of the high school, who was doing who, who was hot, other girls they hated, she scanned the halls

When Sarah Vickers's almond eyes broke from her group of friends as they all spoke and giggled together, gossiping about the goings on of the high school, who was doing who, who was hot, other girls they hated, she scanned the halls. She was a cheerleader with the rest of her girlfriends and were what you would consider the It girls. They were who other girls wanted to be and who boys wanted to be with. Another of Sarah's friends Barbara or Babs, was going on about how attractive Julian Howard was now that he'd passed his driving test and sported a new shiny green Austin Metro that his wealthy parents had bought him for his birthday. Babs was someone who could talk the back legs off a donkey, her curly blonde hair always plaited to the side loosely and framed and square jaw that was oddly endearing. She was slim and tanned and the epitome of the girl next door. Sarah herself was taller and willowy with brunette hair that was straight and perfect. She always wore Alice bands behind her sleek fringe and preferred the colour green which she was always told suited her nicely, especially with her large bust.

The other girls of the group were June, a petite girl with shorter sandy blonde hair. Kiera, who had gorgeous black hair which she inherited from her Chinese ancestry and Bella who was obsessed with teen magazines like the rest of them and was always crimping and back combing her chestnut hair like Madonna of whom was her favourite.

Sarah stopped listening to Babs when she caught sight of a small, slender girl walking down the hallway clutching her bag pack with nervous clenched hands, her ice blue eyes darting around nervously. Sarah scowled, trying to pin the girl. She knew her from somewhere. The girl scurried to her locker and then it got Sarah.

Jaws Johnson.

Olivia Johnson had by all means of the word become quite beautiful over the summer. Her acne had nearly cleared up, her heavy set of braces had been removed and no longer did her teeth jut out or did she froth out the mouth like some rabid dog out of a horror novel. Instead, her teeth, from what she could see, were perfectly white. The front teeth slightly longer but neat and clean. Her flat as a board body had begun to adorn soft feminine curves which complimented her slim figure quite gracefully. Her long, slightly waved, platinum blonde hair reached down the back of her long grey jumper which she wore more as a dress and would fall all the way down to the waistband of her denim jeans if they would have been on show, liquid shimmered over the fibre of her shoulders from the rain pouring outside in a soft downpour.