H E A R T B R E A K E R

Your love has set my soul on fire, burnin' out of controlYou taught me the ways of desire, now it's takin' its tollYou're the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasyThe invincible winner, and you know that you were born to be

You taught me the ways of desire, now it's takin' its toll
You're the right kind of sinner, to release my inner fantasy
The invincible winner, and you know that you were born to be

~ Pat Benatar

Sarah Vickers laughed with her gal pals as they got ready in Bella Davis's large, pink and trendy room that was plastered in posters of Madonna and barbie dolls that stacked the shelves in fashionable outfits themselves. The girls made themselves up in the overly large white painted wardrobe mirror. They'd gone to get shakes in the afternoon and had relaxed by the pool until it was six o'clock in the evening and time to excitedly get ready for the big house party Bella was throwing since her solicitor parents had gone away to the Caribbean for the weekend to celebrate their ten year wedding anniversary.

This allowed the teenage girls and most of their grade the run of the huge, four story country house that was located to the outskirts of Derry on the edge of the woods that lead to the barrens. Bella's mom and dad had left her more than enough cash to look after herself for the two and a half days they were gone. More than enough for Bella to blow it all on enough snacks, alcohol and whatever else to give her peers a good time.

Barbara threw a judgemental stare in Bella's direction.

"You can't be serious. Crimping? Again?"

Bella threw the girl her middle finger as she crimped her already fuzzy and damaged hair.

"It's fashion, Babs. Look it up, honey."

Barbara and Bella both hated each other but managed to stifle their grudges in order to stay popular along with Sarah, June and Kiera. In fact, the majority of the group hated each other, excluding June and Keira who had been friends since elementary and were the more quiet members of the lot. June subtly applied the pink lipstick to her Cupid bow next to Kiera who underlined her bottom lid with black eyeliner.

Babs jumped into action when the clock struck eight and immediately threw her pink cord jacket on, all but running down the spiral stairs to the door when she heard the bell.

Sarah and the other girls stuck to the living room, drinking cocktails as teenagers gradually piled in, one after the other until it was packed. Bella took her place as hostess near the door, chatting with anyone worthy of her attention the moment they walked in.

Sarah was amidst socialising herself before Bella stomped over to her, tugging her arm so hard she spun to gave her. Sarah furrowed her brows at the girl as she overcame her initial shock. She'd been talking to Paul Long, an older guy she'd been looking to fool around with.

"What the hell, Bella? What are you crazy?"

Bella's nostrils flared.

"Fucking Johnson. Olive Johnson. Is outside puking in my moms azaleas!"