Chapter Five, Market Day

"Get up now!" Ross hissed throwing yet another bucket of water over the slackers that day he was getting quite sick of it to be honest. "You two are lucky you're not out on your ear after what you've done today!" Ross hissed setting the bucket down. "But we 'aven't done anythin'." Jud protested.
"Precisely." Ross snapped. "As you slacked every single one of your duties I gave you to finish by the time I came home you'll be scrubbing every single floor in every room until it's shinning and if I awake tomorrow to find its not been done you'll be out on your ear." Ross snapped and left for the kitchen to dish up dinner for the three of them.

Just as he was finishing up Kerenza and Demelza came into the kitchen dressed in their nightgowns and robes freshly bathed and barely able to keep their eyes open, causing anger to boil deep down in his belly though he hid it with a chuckle. "Eat and go to bed. I'll be up shortly my love." Ross told them sitting down next to Kerenza and kissed her cheek. Nodding their heads in agreement the two sisters tucked into their dinner almost inhaling it with how fast they were eating. As soon as they finished they bid Ross goodnight only stopping to clean their teeth before going to their rooms they were out before their heads touched the pillow.

Entering the bedroom as quietly as he could so he didn't wake up Kerenza who was fast sleep in their bed Ross placed the candle he carried with him down onto the dresser while he changed out of his clothes and into his sleep pants. He froze when his boots hit the floor with a rather loud thud in the quiet room he slowly looked over to the bed as he heard her sigh but thankfully she didn't wake up just turned over in her sleep. Sighing he placed his clothes in the hamper and moved his shoes out of the way and blew out the candle and climbed into bed with Kerenza. He wrapped his arms around her waist pulling her against him smiling as she sighed in content as she snuggled into his chest. Tightening his arms around her he fell asleep with his love in his arms and a smile on his face.

The next morning Ross awoke with his arms around Kerenza who was still fast asleep frowning he swore he would make Prudie and Jud pay for their behaviour. As the sun rose into the sky the cockerel calling out as morning rose over the horizon Ross lay in bed just watching his love rest and living the peaceful moment he had. He could scarcely believe it that after all this time he was finally reunited with his love and one of his closet friend though he supposed it was only a couple of days. "Morning." Kerenza sighed stretching out like a cat as she awoke from her deep sleep rubbing the sleep out of her eyes. "Good morning my love." Ross greeted kissing her chastely but lovingly on the lips.

"Did you sleep well?" Ross asked smiling as she curled up against him her head resting on his chest. "Hmm. The best I've had in ages. I'm so glad your back and I have Demelza again. I loved living with Zacky and his family they became a family to me but I missed and worried about you and Demelza. How did you sleep? How long have you been awake?"
"I know what you mean my love. I'm glad to be reunited with you and Demelza again. I slept quite well and I've been awake since dawn I suppose or perhaps a little before then."
"Ross?" Kerenza asked sitting up suddenly. "Is everything alright?" She asked concerned.