Chapter Seven, Engagement

It has been many months since Ross and Kerenza we're reunited. During that time, they were able to get their lands profitable once more as well as the mine reopened, which was doing exceedingly well. Now, a month on since hitting a large source of copper, a year since they were reunited, Rose was itching to marry the woman he loved.

So while she was having a day out with Demelza and Verity, Rose popped into town and purchased a beautiful ring that hat diamonds and emeralds I'm a shape of a flower on a rose gold band. Now that he had the ring he was going to take Kerenza for a picnic and their spot in the cliffs as soon as she got home from shopping. Verity knew all about Ross' plane and was planning a ball for the pair at Trenwith later this evening. But to also announce the courting of Demelza and Ben Henshawe, as the connection and chemistry had been instant along with Verity and Andrew Blamey. Those closest to the four knew that engagement and wedding would soon be on the cards especially as the twins did everything together.

***

Ross had just finished checking over the picnic basket when he head hooves outside and knew his love had returned. Slipping on his hay and jacket Ross made sure he had the ring in his pocket, picked up the basket and left the house to greet them.
"Hello my love." Ross greeted as he helped her off her horse, pressing a tender kiss to her lips.
"Hello Ross." Kerenza greeted happily as he helped her sister and Verity off of their horses.
"Kerenza, my love would you care to join me for a picnic?" Ross asked hopefully.
"I'd love to Ross." Kerenza answered immediately as he had been busy in the mine lately, they haven't got to wiener much time together.

"Let me just go..." she started but Demelza cut her off.
"Don't worry sister. I'll put them in your room." Demelza said kissing her sister's cheek and taking the packages from her younger sister.
"Thank you Demelza." Kerenza said gratefully. After bidding Demelza and Verity goodbye Ross and Kerenza Walker off to their spot hand in hand.

"I love coming here, it's so beautiful and peaceful." Kerenza sighed happily as she lent against Ross after they had eaten and drink their fill.
"It truly is." Ross agreed. "But it is made all the better by being here with you." Ross said kissing her head as Kerenza giggled softly, a blush spread across her cheeks.
"Always the charmer." Kerenza giggled, playfully slapping his chest.
"Only for you." Ross agreed, tenderly kissing her lips. Once they pulled back they sat in a companionable silence just enjoying each other's company until Ross pulled away and got down in one knee.

A pulled its way out of Kerenza's lips when she turned to face him.
"Kerenza I have loved you since the first time I saw you when we were children. I knew then you were the woman for me and I was right. You love me as I am and have never sought to change me in anyway. You are the light in my life, my soulmate and what keeps me going when things are tough. I only wish we could have done this when your Mama and Papa were here, but I know they are looking over you and are always with you. Kerenza, will you do me the honour of becoming my wife?" Ross asked.