Chapter Eight, Wedding of Nampara

"How are you feeling?" Demelza asked her sister, as she did her hair for her.
"Excited, nervous, and I wish Mama and Papa were here." Kerenza sighed despondently, connecting her eyes with her sisters through the mirror.
"I know, I know." Demelza sand as she hugged her sister tightly from behind. "I wish they were too, but they're still with us." She said as she kissed her sisters cheek.
"I'm glad I still have you." Kerenza said sincerely resting her hand on Demelza's arm.
"You'll always have me." Demelza assured as she gave her sister a squeezing hug. "And I'm glad I have you too."

An hour later both sisters were ready to see Kerenza marry Ross.
"Oh, Demelza you look so beautiful." Kerenza said as she came out from behind the screen. Seeing her sister in a beautiful jade green coloured dress, her hair pinned up with a few strands framing her face and light makeup on.
"I look beautiful?" Demelza questioned as Kerenza laced her up and muttering a soft thank you. "Kerenza you look absolutely stunning. Now turn around so I can lace you." Demelza said as she turned to face her younger sister.

Kerenza was wearing a beautiful ivory coloured lace mermaid style wedding dress that had long sleeves and hugged her body beautifully, and white lace booties. Her hair was curled just a little more and pinned back in a half up half down style with a diamanté flower clip, Leaving the rest to fall down her back in elegant curls and a few strands to frame her face. She had on natural eyeshadow, dark rose coloured lips and a bouquet of white and blue roses.

"Thank you Demelza

"Thank you Demelza." Kerenza said gratefully as her sister attached the veil into her hair as a finishing touch. Just as a knock sounded from downstairs on the front door followed by Prudie's voice.
"Miss Kerenza, Zacky Martin be here for ya." Prudie shouted up the stairs.
"Thank you Prudie, we're coming." Demelza called after opening the door. Turning around she spotted her sister who stood staring into the mirror ringing her hands together anxiously.
"Ready?" Demelza asked, drawing Kerenza out of her thoughts. Kerenza took a deep breath and smiled at her older sister.
"Ready." She answered her eyes shinning with her excitement.

As they reached the parlour Zacky Martin's eyes widened as he took off his hat and straightened out his best suit. Not that the sisters minded what he wore.
"Kerenza you look stunnin'. As do you Demelza." Zacky said in awe as he kissed the back of both girl's hands and gave Kerenza's hand a squeeze. Since the first time she moved in with them he has always seen Kerenza as another daughter. He was so happy that she asked him to walk her down the aisle and had invited his daughter Jinny and his wife Jean to the wedding along with Jim, Mark and Daniel.

"Thank you Zacky." Kerenza and Demelza said gratefully and kissed his cheek.
"We should get going." Demelza said as she handed her sister the white wrap before wrapping a green one around her own shoulders, so they wouldn't get cold on the walk to the church.
"Right ya are." Zacky said as he held the front door open for the sisters who said a soft thank you, and followed them out. As they started on their ten minute walk from Nampara to the church, Demelza helping her sister to hold up the black of her dress so it didn't get muddy.

Upon arrival at the church, Demelza made her way down the aisle first, heading in the direction of the front pew where Jinny and Jean sat, along with Francis who was Ross' best man (Elizabeth has refused to come). In the other seats sat Jim, Mark, Daniel, Verity, Aunt Agatha, Captain Henshawe Demelza's betrothed, Captain Blamey Verity's betrothed, and finally Ross' uncle Charles.

Soon the music started and the reverend asked for everyone to stand as Kerenza on Zacky's arm walked in and slowly made their to the front where the reverend and Ross stood. Ross was beaming like a madman and had not once removed his eyes from Kerenza since she entered the church.
"You look beautiful my love." Ross said as he kissed the back of her hand.
"You don't look too bad yourself, Ross." Kerenza teases making Ross laugh.
"We are gathered get today to witness the marriage between Captain Ross Joshua Poldark and Kerenza Melyonen Ravenwood, if anyone here knows why these two should not be wed then say so now or forever hold your peace." Reverend Michaels said in his deep baritone voice, when no one said anything he continued.

"Do you Captain Ross Joshua Poldark take Kerenza Melyonen Ravenwood as your wife? To have and to hold; to love and to cherish. For richer or for poorer; for better or worse. In sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?" Reverend Michaels asked.
"I do." Ross answered a wide smile on his face as he slipped the golden wedding ring onto Kerenza's left ring finger.

"Do you Kerenza Melyonen Ravenwood take Captain Ross Joshua Poldark as your husband? To have and to hold; to love and to cherish. For richer or for poorer; for better or worse. In sickness and in health, for as long as you both shall live?" Reverend Michaels asked.
"I do." Kerenza agreed happily, as she slipped a golden wedding ring onto Ross' finger.
"Then by the power vested in me by God, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride." Reverend Michaels said.
Ross smiled as Kerenza threw back the part of the veil covering her face and wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed her passionately, the cheers of their friends and family fading into the background.

As the newly wedded couple left the church their friends and family cheered once more as they threw confetti over the couple. After they had thanked everyone for coming when they had al finished congratulating them, Ross and Kerenza led the way back to Nampara for the wedding reception. Upon entering Nampara's garden Ross was pleasantly surprised to find that Jud and Prudie had actually listened for a change, (instead of drinking all of his rum), and her sent up the garden for the reception exactly how they were told to do.

There were tables full of food and in the middle of the table sat a three tier white wedding cake. There were streamers of cream and gold in the trees and on the walls, there were people with instruments that would be their music for the evening and there were some tables and chairs dotted around covered with cream tablecloths.
"Its beautiful cousin." Verity complimented as she looked around the transformed garden.
"It really is thank you." Kerenza said thanking Ross, Jud and Prudie before she kissed Ross' lips softly and lovingly.
"Anything for you my love." Ross said before kissing her again.

That night was the best night of Ross And Kerenza's lives. It was filled with laughter, music and love as they danced the night away, after the wonderful food they had. Things were truly looking up for the residents of Nampara.

 Things were truly looking up for the residents of Nampara