Choice

(I have a better idea...)

"Follow your heart Shen, you know who the better man is!" The young man's voice kept echoing in her ears. Who were those young Yokai? She wondered. They seemed so familiar yet she has never met them before. She guessed that didn't matter, what matters now is the choice she will have to make.

Saki or Yoshi. Who should she choose?

Yoshi has always been there for her. Bad days and good days. He may be aggressive and stubborn with a whole lot of pride but...he is passionate, his fierce loyal heart was the reason she fell in love with him. But once his father got sick, everything changed. He is barely home, barely helping her with their daughter. Is this how things are going to be when Yoshi takes over the clan?

Tang Shen loves the clan; they all treated her like family and had all sworn to protect her anyway they could but...she doesn't want them to be her husband's number one priority. His number one priority should be their daughter, and then the clan but lately the clan has been coming first.

Shen went out last night with Yoshi, hoping to talk to him about their future and hopefully work out a plan but things didn't go how she hoped. Yoshi began to talk about his father and about his dying wish. Hamato Yuuta doesn't have that much time, so he began to tell his son about his will and dying wish before he passes. Yoshi told her that Yuuta wished for Miwa to know everything about their family and to train her well since she will one day lead the clan. He even mentioned that he said he can already tell that Miwa has a fierce warrior spirit and she will one day bring this small clan back to life one day.

That scared Shen. She didn't want her daughter to live the life of ninjutsu. Life of a ninja is dangerous, and it carries a very heavy burden. She doesn't want to put her daughter through that. Shen tried to reason with her husband and talk about moving to New York since it was her dream, but Yoshi told her the same answer he always tells her. 'I have responsibilities to the dojo.'

Shen understands his loyalty to the clan, she does. They're his family, friends, and allies. She understands it's hard for him to turn his back on them but at the end of the day, he has to decide what is more important. The clan or his family?

Now, there is Saki. Who has loved Shen from the moment he laid eyes on her. Saki is...well...he can be very cold at times, but Shen knows he is a good man. He is always comforting her when she is upset and is very supportive of her dreams. Just yesterday he said he will take her to New York and help her raise Miwa.

But...there is a problem with that. Miwa never liked Saki since the moment she was born. Shen and Yoshi have no idea why but every time one of them gives Miwa to him she will cry her eyes out until she's away from him. Shen has no idea what Saki could have done to make her daughter hate him but...she's sure if Miwa spent more time with Saki, she would grow out of it.

Saki is the only one who can give Shen what she needs but...does she love Saki? She thinks she does but she's not sure. She's very confused and upset but she has to think about what's best her daughter...and Yoshi just doesn't seem to be the best for them right now. He is not ready for a family; he is too dedicated to ninjitsu.

That's it, Shen has made her choice but...is it the right choice, will she regret it?

...

Hours later,

Shen started packing when she heard her husband coming in. She was nervous, she didn't want to break Yoshi's heart, he was her best friend, but she had to do this. "Shen?" Yoshi called as he entered their bedroom. "I wish to speak with you, I thought more about what you said and I-"

He stopped when he saw her packing a big suitcase. He gave her a heartbreaking expression, obviously knowing what this was but he hoped he was wrong. "Shen?...Why are you-"