Biggest Misunderstanding

Tang Shen was sitting on the couch, waiting nervously for Saki when she heard the front doorknob. She stood up as Saki walked in. "I finally found a job," He announced. Shen tried to put on a smile. "Really? What job?"

"A business job. A friend I met helped me get it," Was all he said about it. "That is wonderful Saki, I am so proud of you..." Her voice faded and Saki looked at her questionably. "What is wrong, Shen? Are you not happy?"

"Of course, I am! It is just that...I found something out this evening..." Saki looked worried. "Is it something about Yoshi?!"

Shen tensed. "No!" She shouted before her eyes fell to the ground. "This evening...I took a pregnancy test...and it was positive." She said while handing the test to Saki.

Saki stared at it. His expression was hard to read but Shen swore she saw a light in his dark black eyes. "And...it is mine?" He questioned, knowing it was not that long ago when she left Yoshi. Shen hesitated slightly. "...Yes, it is yours, Saki."

Saki slowly smiled and walked towards the window. "This is...great...and if it is a boy it will be even greater!" Shen looked confused. "Why is that Saki?"

Saki put on a fake smile. "I have always wanted a son, a strong son that can carry out my name! He will be the strongest of them all, I will make sure!" Shen frowned a little. "And if it is a girl?"

"...I will make her strong as well, but a son would be perfect."

Shen sighed. "Saki...how are we going to take care of a child? We can barely take care of ourselves right now. Maybe I should look for a job as well."

"No!" Saki yelled, making Shen jump a little. "My job pays well Shen, in a few months I will have enough money for us to get a better apartment. Trust me, my love, I know what I am doing."

"...Alright, Saki. I trust you."

...

Months later,

Yoshi was walking down the streets of New York with his daughter Miwa. He was nervous, he was about to see Tang Shen and try to win her back. He hopes she takes him back. He got a nice apartment, well paid job, and even got her a pet cat. He was trying his best to be the husband she wanted.

Miwa was in her stroller, playing with the little black kitten when they finally reached Shen's apartment building. Yoshi frowned at the sight. Just the outside looked like a dump, he couldn't imagine what it's like in the inside.

He cleared his throat. "Ready to see Mama?" He asked Miwa. "Yea!"

Yoshi chuckled at her and walked in. He hit the buzzer. "Hello?" A woman's voice said. "Yes, I'm looking for Hamato-Tang Shen."

"2nd floor, room 12." She said before buzzing him in. "Thank you."

Yoshi went to the elevator and smiled down at Miwa. "Mama is going to be very happy to see you...hopefully she will be happy to see me too." The elevator stopped and Yoshi walked down the hall until he made it to room 12. He was about to knock when he heard Shen talking to Saki about something. He leaned in and listened.

"Are you ready to find out the gender?" Saki's voice echoed through the door.

"Yes," Shen answered, tiredly.

"I hope that we have a son. Nothing will make me happier. Won't you be happy Shen?"

"I will be happy with whatever gender. I only wish for our baby to be healthy."

Yoshi's heart cracked. Baby? This has to be a joke! Shen only broke up with him months ago and she's already pregnant with Saki's child?! Is this why Shen has not called? Has she completely moved on? From him and...Miwa? No, Shen wouldn't forget about Miwa, the whole reason she came here was for Miwa but then...why hasn't she called to check on her?