God Has Healed

Purple lights were flashing, guns were shooting, and the alarm was piercing through his ears, but he had to escape, he had to get his daughter out! Splinter turned to a corning with his daughter clinging to his chest and he was greeted by Kraang droids.

"The ones known as Splinter and Serpent, return to your cells immediately and Kraang will reduce pain to medium!" One of them demanded. Splinter growled and grabbed something out of his gown, throwing it at them before dashing behind a wall.

*BOOM!!!*

He panted and looked to see all the droids destroyed. He looked back at his daughter. "Are you ok?" She nodded and Splinter continued on his way.

He made it to the exit. He looked at his daughter before opening it. "Try to hold your breath as long as you can," He ordered, and she took a deep breath before covering her mouth with her tiny hands. Splinter took a breath as well before opening the door, Kraang air hitting his face.

He didn't know where to go but he hoped that he would find some way off this horrible planet. He heard something behind him and quickly hid behind a rock. He peeked out to see Kraang droids coming through a portal and his eyes widened slightly.

"Halt!" A droid behind him ordered while running to him and without thinking about it, Splinter darted towards the portal and jumped in before it closed.

He screamed as he fell from the sky and landed in a dumpster. Splinter groaned as he climbed out and pulled his daughter away to take a look at her. "Are you hurt?"

"...No.." Her tired, little voice said as she looked around curiously. "Where are we, Daddy?" Splinter looked around as well and he was relieved to see that he was back in the City. "We are in New York, my dear."

"What do we do now? What if they find us, again? I don't want to go back to the lab." He looked into her big fearful eyes and hugged her tightly while rubbing her back. "Don't worry. I won't let that happen. I'll find a place where they won't be able to find us."

"Where?" She asked.

Splinter sighed while looking around, trying to think of something. His eyes landed on a manhole cover. Splinter hated the idea of them having to live in the sewers but being a giant rat and a half mutant snake girl...they didn't really have a choice. Splinter lifted the manhole cover before setting his daughter on the ground and climbing down.

"Daddy?" Miwa said while looking down. "It's ok, Miwa, come on down!"  Splinter called up and Miwa immediately did. Splinter grabbed her off the latter and put her on his shoulders. "Let's go find us a new home."

...

The walk took hours, but Splinter was able to find an abandoned subway tunnel. With a working bathroom, kitchen, and a few bedrooms. Though that was great, Splinter knew that they needed supplies and that he will have to go back to the surface to get them. He wondered if his belongings were still in storage?

He waited until Miwa was fast asleep to leave, knowing she wouldn't want to be alone. Splinter was just about to walk out but stopped when he heard his daughter coming. "Miwa, why are you awake? Go back to sleep, my daughter."

Miwa pouted. "Where are you going?" Splinter sighed. "...I have to go to the surface to get supplies, I will be back shortly."

"No, Daddy! You can't go! Those freaky aliens will find you and take you back to the lab!" She yelled while running to him and wrapping her arms around his leg. Splinter's eyes softened and he lifted her up. "Miwa, I promise you I will be fine. No one is going to take me away from you. I know you are scared but I have to go, if I don't, we will not survive. We need food, clothes, and countless other things."