Happy Valentine's Day....I miss you

5 years later,

Shen was working at Murakami's, helping customers with their orders while Leonardo, Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo, were watching her through the kitchen window. Murakami, who was standing beside the counter as always, glances at them and gives them a smile while also giving them the signal nod.

They nodded back before quickly, getting started in the kitchen.

"You sure this is a good idea, Mikey?" Leo whispered to his younger brother as he began laying supplies out. "Trust me! Murakami-san has been teaching me! We came with this super cool, new recipe just the other day and I think Mama is going to love it!"

"What even is it?" Donnie asked, his face all scrunched up in confusion as he looks at the ingredients. "Well, Murakami-san, asked me what my favorite food was, and I told him pizza!"

"So, let me guess, for Valentine's Day, we're making our mother pizza?" Raph asked as he crossed his arms but to his and his brothers' surprise, Mikey shook his head. "Nope! We're making...Pizza Gyoza!"

"Pizza Gyoza?" Leo echo with a raise brow. "What's that?"

"You'll see~"

...

Later,

After walking the last customer out the door, Shen sighed and closed the door, letting out a breath of relief. Today had been busy, more than usual. She wondered why. Murakami did put a new meal on the menu, but she has no idea what it is. She knows that it is some sort of dumpling, but she also knew that it was different from the ones she had ever eaten back in Tokyo. It did seem quit poplar. Part of her wanted to ask Murakami for one but she did not want to trouble him, especially when it is closing time, and the old man is no doubt tired.

"Leonardo! Raphael! Donatello! Michelangelo! Come on boys, we are leaving now!" Shen called as she takes off her apron and puts it on the rack. She frowned when she had yet to hear the boys running to her side. She looked around and frowned further when she saw them no where in sight. "Boys?"

She was about to look inside the kitchen but before her hand could even touch the door, Murakami opened it, rushing out to block her, making her yelp, "Oh! Murakami-san, you scared me." Murakami chuckled sheepishly. "Forgive me, my dear, that was not my intention. I just wish to speak with you." '

"Can it wait until tomorrow? The boys and I really must be going," Shen says as she tries to move passed Murakami, but he stays in place, blocking the door. "No, I am afraid it can not." Shen starts to look concern. "Did I do something wrong?"

"No, no! Of course, not!" Murakami quickly assured. "I just wished to know if you and your husband had any plans for Valentine Day. It is quit poplar holiday between couples."

"Today is Valentine's Day..." Shen said as her eyes began to trail off. "I...had forgotten."

"Did you not get your husband anything?" Murakami asked, noticing her change in tone. "No, nothing like that. Saki does not fancy the holiday. He believes it is...foolish."

"And you think otherwise?" He then asked, knowingly and Shen nodded. "Yes. I know it may seem silly, but I think it is fun, to have a holiday to celebrate the love between couples. I remember when I first learned of the holiday. I was young, researching about America when I discovered it and once I did, I immediately shared it with Yo-" She catches herself then reprise, "My old boyfriend. I got him the traditional box of chocolates and once I explained the holiday to him, at first, he mocked it but then he picked out flowers and gave them to me....after that...we said, "I love you," for the first time..."

Shen's smile fades slightly as she thinks about the memory. How she used to treasure that memory, how she still does, even though she is with Saki now. She does not know why her heart suddenly aches or why she felt the strong sting urge of tears, or why...she wishes deep within her heart, that she could go back to that time. Back when she and Yoshi were young and in so in love. Back when everything used to be so simple and clear. Back when she did not have to make...difficult choices.