Chapter 6

"God, I'm so stupid..." she said quietly to herself as Lauren walked aimlessly through the hallways of the palace. It was as if she was going in circles and yesterday had repeated itself. Actually, she was just waiting for Loki to come up behind her again and punish her for simply running away, even though he had ordered Lauren to stay in his chambers. But even after several hours, nothing happened and she couldn't help but wonder if her absence meant anything at all. Who was she trying to fool, anyway? He did not care about her, neither as a friend nor as a lover, otherwise he would have no plan to marry another woman. You are just a slave for him, she thought, just worthless. Lauren felt tears begin to blur her vision and she could only see the hallway blurry. Suddenly she bumped into a firm chest; she closed her eyes and prepared to fall to the floor, but instead of falling she was gently held by her arms. She took a deep breath and tried to prepare herself to see Loki.

"Are you all right?" asked another male voice, however. Astonished, she opened her eyes and looked up at a Einherjer. He was about Loki's height, but his hair was light brown and he wore a three-day beard; the guard appeared to be a few years older than her, that is, if she was going by human age. She suddenly realized she still hadn't answered and nodded quickly in response.

"Yes, thank you," Lauren said, regaining her balance; the man let her go and she took a step back from him.

"It was my pleasure, lady..." he said with a smile, looking at her curiously.

"Just Lauren," she said, smoothing her dress.

"It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lauren." -The man bowed slightly to her and kissed the back of her hand. "I am Sveinn." -Sveinn looked at her for a moment- "Have we met before?"

"I...I am the king's maid," she said softly, looking down at her feet.

"Ah yes...Now I remember: I accompanied the king and you to the throne room," he explained with a smile and Lauren blushed. "He didn't seem too pleased that you ran away from the hall." -Sveinn's gaze drifted to her neck and his expression turned concerned as he saw the likely marks of Loki's fingers on her neck- "Did he do that?" Her hand closed around her neck to cover the blood greetings.

"I should probably go-"

"I'm sorry. It's none of my business," he interrupted her and she smiled a little.

"No apology necessary," Lauren said quickly. "I don't want to talk about it, though."

"Understandable." -he was silent for a moment- "You're not from Asgard, or am I mistaken?"

She laughed and shook her head. "No, you're not mistaken. Although I grew up in Asgard, I am from Midgard."

"Interesting, in my thousand plus years, you're the first Midgardian I've met," he said with a smile; she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"I should probably return to the king's chambers," she said finally. She knew it would be better to face him than to delay the inevitable any longer.

"Then let me accompany you there," he asked her, and Lauren nodded after thinking for a moment. On the way to Loki's room, they continued talking and he told a little about himself. Sveinn was nice and she already liked him, but it was more of a friendly feeling than anything else. They both stopped several feet from the chambers and she turned to him.

"It was a pleasure to meet you, Sveinn."

"Likewise, Lauren. I hope to see you again soon," he said kindly before walking away. Lauren took a deep breath as she arrived at the doors before opening them and stepping inside. She froze for a moment when she saw him standing by the fireplace; his back was turned to her and he held a chalice in his hand. Lauren swallowed before she could finally bring herself to move and made her way to the bathroom.

"It's a wonder you came back," Loki laughed coldly, making her stop. He turned to her and took a sip of his wine.

"Where else would I go?" she asked softly.

"I don't know..." -he shrugged his shoulders- "Maybe with that man who brought you here."

"You mean Sveinn? He-" she broke off. Lauren didn't owe Loki an account; she didn't have to explain herself. "He's a very kind man, and I liked talking to him."

"Yes, you could tell you enjoyed your time," he said through clenched teeth. "Why not make your time better by spreading your legs for him?"

"How dare you? You want to call me a whore for just talking to another man and yourself you want to get engaged to another woman and marry her while sleeping with me," she says angrily, stepping towards him, "What happens once you marry her? Do you keep fucking me and cheating on her or get rid of your problem with me and kill me instead?"

"It's not of your concern what I do with my wife." Loki looked up at her angrily, his jaw tightened. He stepped toward her, but she remained standing there like a statue; he grabbed her hair. "And if I see you with that guard again, I will kill him slowly and painfully."

She laughed mockingly and crossed her arms in front of her chest. "Why shouldn't I be allowed to meet anyone? I think we both have that right, if you can."

Loki cocked her head to the side. "You think we're equals? I'm the king and you-"

"I'm just a pathetic slave," she said, looking up at him. "I know it, after all, you never let me forget it. Sveinn is kind, and I'd rather spend my time with him than with someone like you."

"Well, it's not your choice if you want to spend time with me, and it never will be." Before she could say a word, his lips were on hers and Loki kissed her passionately.

She ultimately realized she was about to give in to him again and bit his lower lip. Loki let her go and ran his thumb over his lower lip, brushing away the drop of blood. "Pretty bitey today, aren't you? Is it because you're about to get your period? You Midgardians get them monthly too, if I remember correctly," Loki laughed maliciously.

"You're vile," she says angrily and tried to get away from him, but he held her by her arm.

"I know..." he said, pressing his lips to hers again. His arm wrapped around her waist and her hands reached for his black hair. There was nothing gentle in the kiss, only raw lust and passion. Loki lifted her up and she wrapped her legs around his hips. His hands pushed the fabric of her dress up her legs and squeezed her thighs. He pressed against her and she moaned as she felt his erection against her clothed pussy. His lips moved down and he began kissing her neck as he pushed her panties aside and carelessly pushed two fingers inside her.

"You're so wet," Loki said, nibbling her skin. "Tell me: are you this wet because of your little Einherjer?" -Lauren closed her eyes and bit her lip, but Loki seemed to have found his answer despite her silence and laughed- "No, you're wet because of me."

Loki began to fuck her faster with his fingers, rubbing her clit with his thumb. "You can lie and say I'm vile, a monster, but you can't hide how your body responds to me." -His fingers brushed against her G-spot and she arched her back, already feeling her orgasm building inside her, but then he stopped and pulled his fingers out of her pussy. Loki leaned back and licked his fingers, with a mischievous grin, before setting Lauren on the floor.

"W-what?" she asked, confused, as he walked to the bathroom.

"I'm not going to fuck you anymore," he said without stopping. "Not until you beg for it, anyway." Without another word, this time he disappeared from the room, leaving Lauren confused....