Chapter 3: Living with the Rubies & Getting a best friend!

Talking: Yeet
Shouting: Yeet!
Whispering: yeet
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Sapphire's Pov-

Dear Journal, it's been a few weeks since I fixed the Rubies and things have gotten more relaxed around the temple, we still go out and deal with the usual corrupted gem and shard monsters that I usually fuse with the shards but interestingly I have half an Amethyst gem but that's the most interesting thing so far, also I managed to find myself a Pizza oven that I eventually fixed up and the pizza that comes out is delicious, tho the only ones that eat any food around here are me & Amethyst and occasions Garnet but also Steven when he visits because he still small tho it looks like he'll move in a few years not really sure.

Currently, I'm unfused right now, yeah I found out I can unfuse with the Rubies but if they trip or poof in any way they are left in shards again, tho I can just fuse with the shards to fix them up it was worrying at first, then slightly funny on how cautious they've become and how they poof sometimes but it has become a bit of a problem so to keep them from being left in shards I lightly covered their gems in superglue, which worked! sorta, they can be poofed & regenerate without being left in shards but the glue is very easy to break for a gem and sometimes it flops off or goes away so I have to reapply it every now and then, but hey it works.

Also turns out the Rubies I fixed were fighting against Homeworld with the crystal gems during the gem war, which was cool the other gems were happy to have two of their friends back, but anyways about the two Rubies, they are cool to have around and hang out with tho Ren is a little intense.

Red is shy at the start like me, but she is also very hyper and seems to enjoy reading about pretty much everything, she looks about as much as how you'd expect all Rubies to look like but her hair is curly while still in the usual shape, which is nice.

Ren is an intense person... what I mean is she has a loud voice, she's strong and sorta stubborn at times but she's nice, she also seems to love cooking but sometimes she likes to jokingly scream at inanimate objects and laugh afterwards which is a little weird but a funny thing about too, also she is a bit of an off-color and redder than your normal ruby, She is like dark blood red.

As a fusion we still do stuff I usually do and more fun things, we unfuse sometimes but the Rubies seem to like fusing with me.

'Also turns out I call still use my wished abilities in fusion form tho I only found out because I used the clones when our fusion was fighting a group of corrupted gems and luckily the clones were clones of the fusions, when the gems saw this they asked immediate questions 'mostly Pearl tho' but luckily they pinned it on our fusion and that it has a special ability.'

- Timeskip -

3rd Pov-

We see Y/n lazily fighting a group of corrupted gems near a cliff and then being pushed off that same cliff.

Sapphire's Pov-

So you might be wondering how we got here, it's a long story but here's how it is.

So our fusion was just chilling at the temple but then I suggested that we go on an adventure to the two Rubies and they were like Yeah & sure let's go, so we head to the warp pad after telling the others about our little adventure and we warped away to nice cliff view I visited as a Sapphire only to get hit in the back by a corrupted gem after they tackled us they then surrounded us and one pushed us off the cliff.

Okay maybe not that long of a story, but after that, we got washed away by the waves of the sea that had us end up on an island luckily with my future vision I could tell it had a warp pad... Oh wait this is the same island, Lars, Sadie, and Steven got stuck on for an episode, well that's important right now so I told the Rubies that there's a warp pad on the island but never told them where because it's funny and we essentially played a game of hot & cold, tho we eventually found it, and the Rubies asked where we should warp to, Ren suggested somewhere random and we agreed only to warp to a garden? It's in space...? oh sh*t... Spinel! I forget about her!

I told the Rubies that we're taking the gem without question, I think I confused them but I responded by just saying two words future vision and they agreed to take a gem from here.

3rd Pov-

There standing alone in the garden we see a small pink gem covered in foliage near her feet with a heart-shaped gem.

Y/n walks in front of the small pink gem, surprising them but not moving away.

Y/n: Hello there, I'm Y/n who are you?

Spinel: Hiya there I'm Spinel.

Y/n: Why are you standing in place? By the looks of it, you've been standing there for a long time.

Y/n is showing a lot of concern when talking to Spinel, Which Spinel is wondering who this gem is.

Spinel: Oh nothing much just playing a game!

Y/n: And how long have you been playing this game?

Spinel: Lost count after a thousand years or so!... But they promised to come back!

Spinel sounds very sad but she's trying to give herself hope even If she knows it's not happening.

Y/n: Who's they?

Spinel: My diamond.

Y/n: Listen I don't think they're coming back this place looks... abandon and unkempt, which Diamond said they'd come back.

Spinel seemed to gotten mad at what Y/n said and started moving from her spot which surprised Sapphire and grabbed onto Y/n's shoulders making them go face to face.

Spinel: My Diamond is Pink she promised!

Y/n: ...ah I see your Diamond really isn't coming back...

Spinel: What do you mean Not coming back, She promised!

Y/n: Sorry to say this but Pink Diamond is gone...

After Y/n said that it hit Spinel like a bullet train her face had a mixture of emotion that Y/n could tell tho Sapphire know what Spinel has been through, Spinel then let go of Y/n's shoulders slumping over and started crying which caused Y/n to try and comfort her.

Sapphire's Pov-

Okay that happened, I was expecting a fight or for her to violently lash out at us but no she started crying and started talking about her feelings and how she feels abandoned and angry.

We tried to confront them which seemed to work slowly but surely but it worked, to us it seemed like she wanted a hug and a long one at that so we did, after that we tried to make her happy and so to past the time We told her stories about earth snd stories they have there, she seemed to like it, because she paid a lot of attention even asking some questions. She also appeared to be growing attachment to us, I think?

- Timeskip -

Still Sapphire's Pov-

We spent what felt like a few days with her, we managed to cheer her up, and we started playing games with her which seems to make her happier.

We showed her we were a fusion but seemed to like it and finds it fun, But after each one of us had talked to Spinel she almost immediately got attached to me and started calling herself my new best friend, which I was like 'whaaa?' Juno like how the minions do it, but I still accepted it and that seemed to make her super happy.

After a while of talking to her I and the Rubies fused back up, and we started heading towards the warp pad.

When we got to the warp pad we turned to Spinel, who seemed hurt and betrayed that we were leaving her but she immediately turned back to happy and even excited after we said "You coming or what?"

She quickly ran to our side on the warp pad then climbed onto our shoulders in almost a blur Y/n fusion giggled a little and then we warped away to the temple to meet My Other Friends!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Done

If I find spelling errors or sentences that make no sense I'll fix them.

1469 words