Probably an Overreaction

Alberto was on the couch, crying and clutching his stomach in pain.
Luca looked at Alberto, his face showing shock and confusion.

What did he mean? There was a reason his dad left him on that island for years? There was a reason Alberto was... abandoned?

But, Alberto was his friend, his companion, his... his partner! He was the first person Luca met on that island, a brother, a best friend! They were practically twins, both Sea Monsters, both wanting to travel on a Vespa together!

Alberto's stomach painfully growled very loudly, and Alberto cried out in pain, holding his stomach tighter.

"Alberto, wh-what's wrong?" Luca asked, as he walked over to Alberto's side.

"It hurts..." Alberto replied through the sobs.

Luca and Guilia looked at eachother, concerned for their friend.

"Alberto, I'll get you some medicine. Please calm down, you're going to hurt yourself if you keep crying like that." Guilia said.

Guilia then left to retrieve medicine.
Meanwhile Luca sat by Alberto's side.

"It's okay, I'm right here..." He said, rubbing Alberto's back.

As Luca placed his hand on Alberto's back, Alberto flinched, as if he didn't expect to be touched.

It was a reaction Luca had never encountered in their time together. Then, the growling stomach and the pain made themselves known.

"NNNNGH...!!" Alberto cried, gritting his teeth and wrapping his arms around his stomach even tighter.

"Alberto, you need to relax..." Luca said, gently prying Alberto's fingers off his stomach.

"It hurts, it hurts, it hurts!!" Alberto cried, flinching in pain.

"Want me to rub your tummy?" Luca asked.

"What?! No! Luca, that's weird!" Alberto replied.

"I'm just trying to help." He added.

Luca moved closer, as the growling in Alberto's stomach grew louder.

"Whenever I have a stomachache, my mom would always rub my tummy." Luca said.

"That's sweet... I guess..." Alberto said.

"I... I'll just take your hand." Luca said, as he grabbed Alberto's hand, then moved it to his stomach.

Luca hand slowly reached Alberto's stomach, and before touching him, looked to see if Alberto was okay with it.

Alberto seemed to shrug, as if to say: 'What've you got to lose?'.

Luca then placed his hand on Alberto's stomach, then moved his fingers on a circular motion up and down.

Of course, that didn't help any with the pain, but Alberto did feel the comfort Luca was trying to give him.

"Is this helping with the pain?" Luca asked.

"No, but thanks for trying." Alberto replied, with a soft smile.

Guilia then walked back, holding a cup of water and medicine.

"I got you this, it's supposed to help with the pain." She said, as she handed the cup to Alberto.

"Thanks." He said, as he took the cup from Guilia.

She handed him a pill, which was the pain-medicine.

"Thanks, again." He said, as he swallowed the pill whole.

As the two friends looked at each other, a smile spread on Alberto's face.