Gone

Taehyung

The morning of the funeral I walk into the kitchen to see my mother standing by the back door crying, holding her coffee cup, I walk up to her and hold her shoulders, resting my forehead to the back of her head. "Good Morning Taehyung", she says in a chilly voice. Ever since my brother got sick she has become very distant with me and since his death she barely speaks to me. "Morning", I say and walk away, I'm tired of trying. This is why I moved away from the family, Hyun was the perfect son, he could do no wrong, I on the other hand are the bad seed, threw away my degree and became a tattoo artist.

I went upstairs to get ready to go to the funeral home, the last thing I feel like doing is greeting people so they can tell me how sorry they are and I definitely do not want to spend the day with Seokjin, watching my mother coddle him all day. I do miss my niece I can't wait to see her, it's been way to long, my brother would be upset that I haven't been around to see Lennon, her demeanor and attitude remind me so much of him but she looks like Jin. While fixing my tie in the mirror my phone goes off, looking at the screen it's my girlfriend, I answer and put her on speaker.

"Where are you", she screeches. "I know you are not asking me that right now", I say annoyed. "You said you wouldn't be gone long", she says angrily. "Hana, are you serious right now, my brother just passed away and you are acting like this", I yell into the phone. I hang up on her and want to throw my phone against the nearest wall but I don't, I have not been happy with Hana for a long time now but I just don't know how to tell her I want to break up. I drive over to the funeral home and my grandparents are here already, I walk in to see them sitting in the front pew crying looking at TaeHyun's body, I walk over to them, kissing them both on the head.

"Oh Taehyungie come here and sit by GiGi and PaPa", my grandma says sniffling. I sit next to her and hold her hand, looking at my brother, it seems surreal, I don't think fraternal twins have the same bond as identical twins, I love my brother more than anyone else I know but I just don't feel the lose when one loses a twin. I look around and don't see Seokjin or Lennon anywhere, "GiGi have you seen Jin." "He's not here dear, I doubt he will be, he is a complete mess, I wish he would allow one of us to help him", she says wiping her nose again.

"Who has Lennon", I ask. "Jin's friend is watching her while Jin grieves but he hasn't answered his phone since that night at the hospital when he was sedated", she says. "Has anyone bothered to go over there and check on him", I say annoyed. "He won't answer the door", PaPa says. "Oh for fuck sake, seriously", I say angrily. "Tae your language, please", GiGi says. 

I stalk out of the funeral home and drive over to my brothers apartment, I knock loudly, no answer, I knock again, still no answer, I pull the spare key I own out of my pocket and unlock the door. It's dark and freezing in here, I walk into the living room and open curtains letting some sun light in, I check the thermostat to see that the heat is turned off, I set it to 75 so that the house warms up quickly. I make my way upstairs to the bedrooms, I peek into one and see it's Lennon's room, I open the room across from that one and can barely see anything it's so dark and I hear whimpering coming from inside. 

"Seokjin", I say walking in, I find the bathroom and turn the light on, he is laying in bed in the suit he was going to wear to the funeral, shivering and crying, fuck I should just leave but seeing him like this is breaking my heart, I kneel down beside him, "Jinah, let's sit up and get you undressed so that you can take a hot shower." He lets me help him up and I undress him, leaving him in just his briefs, I help him into the bathroom, he is shaking and he looks so skinny, I start the water and let it get hot, I then slide his underwear down his beautiful legs and I have to close my eyes, damn his ass is perfect, I guide him into the tub, "Jin wash yourself ok, I am going to make you something to eat." 

He looks at me finally and nods, in the kitchen I didn't find much, a package of ramen and some rice cakes, after they were done cooking I take it up stairs and he is sitting on the edge of the bed in his robe, I sit next to him and hand him the bowl telling him to eat, the house was finally warm again and I clean up as he eats. When he is done he sets the bowl on the nightstand and lays back down, I pull the covers up over him and he grabs my hand, "stay with me please, just for a little while." 

I want to protest, I want to yank my hand away from his touch, I want to yell at him and tell him to stop it, that I don't like him but he looks to broken and lost that I know my brother would be grateful. I walk to the other side of the bed, taking my pants off and climbing into bed pulling him into my arms, oh god, he fits so perfect against me like two pieces of a puzzle coming together, he fists my shirt bringing me close to him and nuzzling his face into my neck, falling fast asleep. "You will be okay Jin, I promise you, you are so strong, you'll see", I say into his hair, smelling his glorious scent.